Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Halloween Halloween Halloween

Goodness, Thanksgiving and Christmas have come so fast!  I still feel like summer just ended.  I'm doing my best to try and catch up before it all hits.

Trunk-or-treat, pumpkin carving, class parties, trick-or-treating at Jake's work and Halloween...my kids had more than their fair share.  Rachel chose to be Red Riding Hood this year.  Tommy was wanting to be a zombie or something like that, but I found something that we both liked much better...a race car driver (not sure why the costume has muscles).  I went the easy way out this year and got their costumes with a few clicks on the computer.  Katelyn took full advantage of all the different opportunities to dress up, as you will see.

Trunk-or-treat at church.  Here they are in the parade around the gym, they were really into it.

And fitting to his costume, he raced around and around the parking lot getting lots of candy


 These two were two peas in a pod.  So cute!!  Scarlet was super sweet to stick with her for the whole party.  And as you can see, Kate decided to put on her Minnie Mouse costume from last year.
 She honestly has a heart of gold
 Bucket full.  Oh yeah!
 Pumpkin carving.  I love that my kids get as excited about the seeds as I do.



 Insert a sweetie pie for the heck of it
 Tommy's Kindergarten class had a little Halloween party with a little performance of the scary songs they had been learning.  (Every time Tommy caught himself singing them at home he would tell me to forget it, and that I was going to be really scared when I come to the school and hear him sing).  Seriously the cutest thing ever!

It's a little noisy and you sometimes can't tell what they're saying/singing but Tommy's personality makes up for that.  So, if you have 5 minutes to spare...enjoy!


 Trick-or-treating at Daddy's work.  Now Kate wanted to be Cinderella.
 Orange counts right?

 He's a nut!
 Gallup kids
 Ready for trick-or-treating.  We had nice weather, despite some rain it was really quite warm.
 Poor thing couldn't keep up in her heels.
 Had to stop them to get another picture, because those tree are just stunning...oh, and the kids too :)
 Helping Mommy pass out candy at home.





 A couple days after Halloween I was on the phone and Kate was up in her room.  She comes down stairs and says, "Mommy my hands are dirty" "Why?"  "Because of chocolate" "What?!" "I was hungry" "Where?"  "In my bed"  "How many?" "Two. Five. Six candies."  I later go up and find some scissors and lots of wrappers under her covers.
 Oh, and just another cute one.
And I think now we've finally whittled away all the candy.  Thank goodness, well, now we can move on to pies, hot chocolate and all the holiday sweets :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe, I just wanna squish Lily's little thighs!

Herways Go West said...

So I loved all the songs from Tommy's school. So creative. Seriously, where do they get all this good stuff from? No wonder Tommy loves school.
Halloween, looks like the costumes were fabulous. And yes, Lily in orange totally counts!

Blog Archive

Contributors