Friday, November 15, 2013

Cousin time!

Rachel's cousin Scarlet (who also just turned 8 five weeks prior) was out east on a trip with her mom to visit the LDS church sites in Palmyra, NY.  Me and my sister-in-law were able to coordinate it to overlap with Rachel's baptism.  SO glad we were able to make it happen.  We had a blast with them in NYC for a day and it was special to have a cousin friend there for her baptism.

In the city we introduced them to Shake Shack, where Lara will now me disappointed with any other burger she'll eat ;)  We walked through Toys R Us and then the American Girl Store where the girls were in heaven.
 We took a nice stroll through Central Park.  These two had a blast playing hide and seek and climbing on the rocks.  They got super giggly.  They reminded me of me and my cousin when we were little, we would laugh and laugh at everything and nothing.
 How I wish these girls could hang out more often!

 Part of Rachel's birthday gift was tickets to see the Broadway Matilda with Lara and Scarlet.  Such a cute show!  It was a spectacular production...the music was fabulous, the kids were amazingly talented and we enjoyed every second.   Rachel did get a little sleepy in the end though.  It started at 8 and was a 2 1/2 hour show.


We made some great memories!

(And lots of credit goes to my awesome husband who I convinced to work in the city that day so that he could take Lily while we went to the show)

5 comments:

Herways Go West said...

Awesome to have that time to share together.

Amy said...

So fun that Scarlet was able to come out. And I still think it is the best that you can jaunt in to NYC whenever you want! So fun!

natalie said...

How fun! I won't even tell Bryn. She will just die of jealousy.

La said...

It was so fun. Thank you for the most amazing, memorable trip. I loved it as much as Scarlet did.

La said...

p.s. I am still craving shake shack! Soooo freakin' good.

Blog Archive

Contributors