Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Boo at the Zoo

Tommy got selected to take Plopper, the class pet (stuffed dog), home for the weekend.  He was to read him stories and write about the things he did with him.  So we decided to take Plopper on a little adventure to the Philadelphia Zoo.  We weren't as cool as everybody else who dressed in their Halloween costumes, but we still took advantage of the trick-or-treating.

He is so super cute.  I love this kid to death!


 One of the highlights of this zoo trip was the rhino running around with the zebra.  Pretty wild.
We resurrected the old double stroller

 Rachel and I just finished a book about a gorilla called The One and Only Ivan.  Cute fictional story based off a real gorilla who is in Atlanta.  Rachel really wants to go to see him.
These guys were hilarious to watch

 Another favorite was the kangaroos.  A zoo keeper told us lots of interesting facts about these animals.  This was my first time seeing a kangaroo.  They are really cool.  Tommy ended up writing in his notebook about how the kangaroos can jump 26 feet.













3 comments:

Herways Go West said...

The double stroller shot made me laugh. It almost looks like you put Kate's baby doll back there. Lily actually fits? She is tiny!
Looks like a great zoo.

natalie said...

Isa still thinks I have never taken her to the zoo. I think she was 1 the last time we went. I am a bad mom!!

La said...

I love that Tommy boy. He is such a cute kid.

Blog Archive

Contributors