Saturday, January 31, 2009

Shanghai

Jake's been home a week now and I'm finally getting his trip posted. Pictures you see in the slide show are of the view from Jake's plush hotel, Jake doing Tai Chi. Shanghai is the New York of America, you'll see the Times Square of China, Old Shanghai (where you see the authentic Chinese architecture), the best dumpling place, the shopping district where you can get everything for cheap, since everything is "made in China" and a friend of the Herway's who used to live in Brussels. This last Monday was the Chinese New Year so Jake barely missed it, but he did get to see the city prepared for it. This year is the year of the Ox.

Jake brought back some awesome gifts. Rachel loves her Mulan dress and plays with the umbrella and fan everyday.
What a cute little China man!
.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Ooh I love the dresses! Its so nice to have him home I'm sure. It is amazing the stuff you can get in China for cheap. I was always amazed when my bosses would come back from business trips with the stuff they had.

Gregg and Jaclyn said...

You all look so wonderful in your new clothes. How fun!

natalie said...

Doesn't Jake know he's not supposed to go to China without me?!
How does Shanghai compare to Beijing?
LOVE the outfits... esp the umbrella. Nice touch.
I like that they are all red. Jake did a good job picking them out!

Herways Go West said...

Tom actually laughed out loud when he saw Tommy in his China man outfit. He is adorable! So are the matching china girls. We would love to go to Shanghai. What an experience. Love the pictures with Yu and you! (ha.ha.)

Mindy said...

What a trip that must have been! Those are some awesome pictures. They really do look kind of like New York :) Glad he made it back safe.

Anna-Lisa said...

I love the dresses! That is so cool. I watched the movie of people in the subway... I totally would never ever do that. How do you even get out for your stop if you're in the middle?!

So, I was looking at your pictures and I seriously can't believe you have two kids! Time flies! You guys are such a cute family!

Nate and Eryn said...

Awesome trip Jake! How does he like his program? how much longer?

Blog Archive

Contributors