Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Good, Bad and Ugly day

This girl has been so anxious to play in snow and build a snowman. She finally got her wish on our very last day in Brussels (Monday). It was such a treat to see her so excited, to see her and her Daddy play together in the snow, and to enjoy the beauty of the big falling snowflakes. However, it just so happened to be our day to fly home. We ended up sitting on the airplane for two hours before we took off as they de-iced the plane. With that and the extra two hours tagged on because of the head wind, we were on that plane for 10 hours. The seats in front of us were 6 inches in front of our face, no exaggeration. Quite possibly the longest day of my life...or maybe it was yesterday when I was awake and taking care of two kids for 17 hours. Anyway, turns out we were the lucky ones. We still made our connection in Dulles while my brother-in-law and his wife got stuck in Chicago and my other brother-in-law took a train to Paris to catch his flight only to learn that all flights had been cancelled that day. I don't know the end of their stories, but I'm so happy to be home, and am enjoying the nice warm weather, and Rachel is happy to see all her toys again.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Look at you, you updating queen. I am so impressed with how much updating you have done while on your trip and even exhausted you still update! Carter has been begging for snow too. Its crazy how much they love it especially when it isn't the "norm" where we live!

La said...

Great snowman. I am glad that you guys made it home safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

I swear I have that same blanket.

natalie said...

Ugh. Kids + long plane flights = H E double hockey sticks.
I envy the people whose families live within driving distance. Good thing you guys were the "lucky" ones!


Rachel looks so cute in that first picture. I almost didn't recognize where she was.

Herways Go West said...

I didn't recognize where she was either! I still think the snowman looked more like a snowdog. It was so cute. We still have snow and ice....and everyone SHOULD be at school/home. What an ordeal for everyone.

Blog Archive

Contributors