Monday, January 26, 2009

Thanks again Grandma...we had a blast!

We did so much while my mom was in town:
Build-a-Bear
The Discovery Place Museum, which has a circus exhibit going on right now
My claim to fame is walking the high wire, doing a double flip on the trapeze...
and being a human pretzel.Last Friday we went to the Lazy 5 Ranch, a place where they let you drive through their farm and feed the animals. There were pigs, ostriches, deer, buffalo, lambs, llamas, zebras, giraffes and other animals I honestly couldn't name.
Here's us feeding the llama
And you're not allowed to feed the zebras but it was so cool to see them so close!
The ostriches were the scariest for me. As soon as they see the car they come running. I fed the first one and screamed the whole time as it's head came zooming into the car to peck at the food, and it went flying all over the place.
We may have had snow just 4 days prior to when this picture was taken, but my mom was able to enjoy some 60 degree weather before she flew home to 8 inches of snow.
So, when do you want to come again mom? :)

9 comments:

Maria said...

That all looks so fun--especially the circus stuff. We went to Lazy 5 Ranch and rode on their wagons and it was so fun.

La said...

Wow! Can your mom come stay with me? Dan leaves for Europe for two weeks on Sunday. (oh and he decided to leave us in the snow this week and go to sunny California.) I am glad that you were able to benefit from having your mom around. I am sure that her presence is helping the time fly by.

Amy said...

ummm...i could not even handle an ostrich! a giant bird...i would rather die! i love your babies and can't wait to see them sometime soon!

natalie said...

Aren't grandmas the best?
I'm very proud of your double flip. Were you scared?
I like the pic of you and Rachel feeding the animals. You guys are making the same face. :) I would have loved to see you screaming at the ostrich! haha.

Kristen said...

Oh I love visitors. That is so nice that your mom was there, I am sure it really made the week go by faster.

Unknown said...

I had so much fun that I'm ready to come back tomorrow!
Love you all!!!!

Herways Go West said...

Cool, fun things to do! I would have loved to have seen your double flip on the trapeze. Tommy already looks different. Moms/daughter/grandmas...hard combo to beat. Glad you had a super time.

Nicole said...

i love the photo of the zebra right at the car door! i really would love to come down to the beach this summer, maybe later after the twins come. we'd love to see you!

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

You guys have been doing all kinds of wild and crazy fun things since I last checked in. Jonathan and I were dying laughing at the subway video. CRAZY! Your kids are cute as ever and growing so much!

Miss and love ya

Blog Archive

Contributors