Tuesday, January 20, 2009

CLOSED

This snow was supposed to come on Sunday. The weather man changes his mind daily!! They announced schools would be closed last night before it even started to snow. I don't know if the banks were closed too, but most likely. If Jake were here we could have had a four day weekend together. Bummer! Anyway, we played in the snow for a little bit, but the snow was too powdery to make a snowman. We planned to go to the Discovery Place Museum today. We got there to learn that it was closed too! I should have known better. But we found something even better. We went to a place called Monkey Joes, a place with inflatable everything. I think Rachel didn't stop laughing the entire 2 hours we were there. It was fun to see how she got more and more confident, or daring I should say! It was also fun to see my mom jumping, climbing and sliding down the slides. Go Grandma!!

6 comments:

natalie said...

How often does it snow there?
That's so fun that the adults get to go on the inflatables too. The places here only let the kids on. No fair.

Jake said...

Looks like a grand time. I love that you had the place to yourselves. A four day weekend sounds so nice right now!!

Jake said...

. . . a four day weekend at home sounds even better :)

Herways Go West said...

Looks like you didn't buy a snowsuit, and thus is SNOWED. Good call Mel. I can hear Rach laughing from here!

La said...

I love jumping castle places. Luckily in Utah they let the grownups jump too. My brother, Travis, once got us kicked out of one of those places. I love the pic with Rach and Tommy hugging in the thingy.

Mindy said...

Sounds like you made lemonade out of lemmons! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Blog Archive

Contributors