Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Dream filled day

Early morning walk
 Every morning I would spend some time on the balcony and watch boats with water-skiers out on the lake and try to imagine how incredibly amazing it would be...



The place we stayed was right next to a little riding school so we thought we'd try it out.
 The kids had a great time



Cuteness!
Such a good boy.  He was so patient


They had the kids do different things to get the feel of the horse and get comfortable with it.  They would close their eyes, put their hands on their heads and Tommy even got to ride backwards.  He was pretty proud of that.

Lily even got a ride ;)
She wasn't too sure of the horses
So after the kids did their riding Jake brought me over to a neighboring town, he said he saw a waterski school for 15 euro a ride, so we wanted to inquire a little more.  I wasn't expecting to do it, but next thing we know I'm dressing up in a wet suit.

Butterflies galore...I was so excited!!!
It took me 2 or 3 times to get up (I got really nervous) and then I was soaking in every second of the scenery and the glassy water.  It was amazing!!!!
I held on till the very end to get the most out of it.  I was SO sore the next few days.
Jake had also noticed a kayak rental sign (he has an eye for these kinds of things).  Rachel had been talking for several months how kayaking is her dream or "destiny" so she was elated to get the chance.
She wanted a boat of her own





I got a little nervous when I learned she was on her own (and without a life vest) then Jake and Tom come back without Rachel and Anita saying they hadn't seen them.  We go out looking for them and at first don't see them anywhere.  We go back to the house and then back to the rental place again and there they are soaked in their clothes.  I thought they fell in! :)  Turns out they jumped in.  Rachel's arms wore out in the middle of the lake and Grammie had to tow her in.  Rachel had the time of her life!  She wrote all about it in one of her 4th grade writing papers.
 We took a last minute trip into town and I picked up these adorable dirndl dresses.

Then we had quite the drive back to Vienna to catch our flight.  We got stuck in traffic and it had to take a miracle to make it there, return the cars, check in and everything.  Very stressful!  I honestly didn't think we would make it, but the miracle happened!  Phew!

3 comments:

La said...

WOW!!! What a trip. I want to do it! And love the girls in those dresses. Daphne and Scarlet have dresses just like that. I think Daphne is 7 and Scarlet is 4 in our picture.

Mortar and Pestle Mom said...

Way to go for trying water skiing! If that was your first time, getting up in 2-3 tries is great! Your girls are so cute (and look very European) in those dresses.

Herways Go West said...

Awww. Rachel wrote about her kayak trip in her 4th grade journal? When I think of that adventure I have to smile. Rach is one amazing girl.
And you water skiing. It was like watching a dream. You were literally beautiful to behold. Stunning in fact. I'll never forget it.

Blog Archive

Contributors