Wednesday, March 31, 2010

We're having another...

GIRL!

We had the ultrasound this morning and had the technician put the picture of the gender in an envelope. Jake and I went to a restaurant this evening talked about what we thought it was, what we wanted, the implications of boy vs. girl...and it was really fun to anticipate it and celebrate it in a different way.

This pregnancy is nothing like Rachel's, although it does feel a little bit Deja Vuish. 5 years ago, we moved to New York and I was pregnant with a girl through the summer.

Anyway, we're really excited and can't wait to tell Rachel in the morning. I wish I could personally call all of you, but we've got a lot to do, and not a lot of time to do it.

14 comments:

The Layman Family said...

ah! yes yes yes!you guys make the most beautiful girls. and now, what are you going to name her!

Heidi said...

Yay! I think you need to record Rachel's reaction. Woohoo!

Herways Go West said...

Super! We love girls! And yes, another summer in NY pregnant with a girl. That's a great coincidence...or is it???
Oh, and I like the way you went to a restaurant to talk about her. Kind of like your announcement of Rach at Domus!

Melissa said...

So excited for you but sad you are moving away :( Rachel will love having a baby girl!

Becca said...

Congrats! So exciting! I'm sure Rachel will be ecstatic!

Tom and Kari Lane said...

Very fun!

Abby said...

Another little dancer! :) Congrats! You're going to have to take lots of dance classes for me in NYC!

Colie said...

WAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Oh I hope you read Heidi's comment and did record Rachie's reaction! I'm excited for Tommy to take on the role of big brother. He doesn't even know it yet but he'll be a a good one.

Kristen said...

Oh how fun! I so wish we could chat. When/if you ever get a chance, give me a call. So many new and exciting things going on in our lives and I feel like we never find out about stuff anylonger!

Nicole said...

yes! we love girls! congrats.

natalie said...

Yay! That is so exciting. What a fun way to learn the gender.

akdoxey said...

Congrats on the girl and on your new job. I think you should email me so I can give you some deets on NYC. We LOVE Astoria and could help you out with good places to live but could also point you in other directions as well, I love my doctor here and I could get you her number etc. I'm sad that we will be leaving right before you get here. My email is amberkaydoxey@yahoo.com

La said...

Congrats! I love my third child who happens to be a little girl. I hope you get as lucky! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Blog Archive

Contributors