Monday, March 22, 2010

Trouble with a capital T...and R

So on Saturday after lunch Rachel and Tommy went into Rachel's room and closed the door. They were playing so well together (and it had been a while) that I figured I'd push off nap time a little. Big mistake! We walk in to find long strips of hair all over the floor! I assumed it was Rachel's but Jake told me it was Tommy's. Well, we later find out it was both.

I was going to take them to a barber because I didn't think I could fix them. But when I called and learned it would be $40 total and they were closed for the weekend I figured I'd give it a shot. Tommy still has a bald spot on the top of his head and Rachel's hair looks pretty thin with some evening and layers I had to do but I think it'll do. We'll just have to hold off on ponytails for a while since there's a good chunk cut real short underneath.
I cut hair all afternoon...Jake's included.
Then this morning I took a shower. And there's usually always trouble during those 15 minutes. It typically involves a whole roll of toilet paper in the toilet. Sometimes unraveled, sometimes not. Well, I came out today to find Tommy standing on the kitchen counter with bandaids and vitamin bottles all over the counter. I first find a lid, start to panic...then find an empty bottle of children's gummy multivitamins. Do I know how many were in there? No, but I'm pretty sure a lot! Probably half a bottle. I ran to the phone to call poison control! To my relief these vitamins do not have iron in them, but he may have diarrhea the next couple of days. Oh boy.

11 comments:

The Layman Family said...

oh my gosh! seriously- us moms can't even take a minute to ourselves! yikes!

Maria said...

You need to lock those kids up when you shower! Or try straight jackets. Crazy kids!

La said...

I am giggling because I have so many stories like that it is pathetic. Pa- the-tic. I often find myself walking into a disaster and saying, "Really, little dude? Really?" Boys are serious, curious TROUBLE. They aren't naughty, just trouble on a entirely new level. It's fun though, right? :)

Heidi said...

Is it bad that I'm laughing? I guess I won't be laughing when it's happening to me in a couple of years. BUT I am WAY glad he only ate gummi vitamins wtih no iron and not something worse! Way good job on the haircuts!

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

Oh how fun. Why is it that little kids love cutting each others hair? I know I did it. You will just have to turn your home into a family salon! Well congrats on being done with school Jake. That is super exciting! Have fun in Brussels! Love you all and talk to you soon!

Becca said...

Glad it was just gummy vitamins, and trust me - I've seen WAY worse (self-inflicted) kid haircuts! It's unbelievable how fast kids can get into trouble!

Herways Go West said...

Nice to have this documented! Pull it out when they are adults and they look at you with awe, "how did you do it Mom???".

Anna-Lisa said...

That is seriously hilarious! You know - right before my wedding my niece Emily decided to cut her long beautiful hair. So it was pretty short in all the pictures - she was pretty sad about it too.

Tom and Kari Lane said...

that is soooo funny!

Colie said...

Mischief: a playful inclination cause to trouble.
I like that definition for Tommy and Rachel!
(also, the word verification for this comment is ironically "problremo" which makes me think of "problemo"!!)

natalie said...

Oh man! This is what I fear when I step in the shower each day.
To be honest most days I lock Isabel in the bathroom with me because I don't trust her alone that long with Bryn! :)

Blog Archive

Contributors