Saturday, March 20, 2010

He's Done!!!!!!!!

Today was Jake's last class as a Duke MBA student. He turned in his last project/paper a couple nights ago. 20 months has gone by fast, but slow. I'm really excited to have him back on week nights, no more long weeks away, and most importantly, to have Saturdays free again! I'm really proud of all the hard work he put into it. His graduation will be May 15. We celebrated this evening by going out to eat at Panera and an ice cream at Marble Slab. Afterward Jake asked me what I wanted to do to celebrate because he thinks it was harder on me...he had fun! Well, either way...WE DID IT!

Our real celebration will come in about 3 weeks. Every time I asked Jake what he wanted for his birthday/graduation he always expressed how much he wanted to go home. The other night as I was falling asleep, Jake decided to spontaneously purchase tickets to Brussels. We will go for 2 weeks, getting home the day before Tommy turns two :) We're really excited!

12 comments:

Heidi said...

Congrats Jake! And how exciting you get to go to Brussels!

La said...

Congrats to both of you. And have a great trip!

Herways Go West said...

It's true Mel. You had to pay a price for Jake to get his schooling done. The congrats truly goes to both of you!
So HAPPY we are the lucky recipients of the graduation/birthday gift! I love it when he gets spontaneous! It's always fun....

Melissa said...

Wow, how exciting! I can't believe how spontaneous you guys are. You have a fun trip!

Congrats Jake on finishing your MBA!

Herways Go West said...

Congrats on finishing! And I'm excited for you to go to Europe. Wish we could overlap again...
-Natalie

Becca said...

Congrats!! How exciting!!! You guys deserve a trip to Brussels!

Patrick Rich said...

CONGRATS!!!!!I'm so excited for both of you and job well done Jake!

Colie said...

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! (followed by a victory dance - for both the MBA and Belgium)

Maria said...

Oh man I am so jealous of you. I read this and told Dave we need to do something big and exciting for his graduation. That will be great fun for you!

AM said...

well done!! i wish kent was on that end instead of the other. =o] and the post about the hair cutting is classic. you are right about shower time= trouble. i have switched to showering at night when they are both in bed already!

Tom and Kari Lane said...

Nice! Well done. Yeah, Brussels!

Tom and Kari Lane said...

lucky!!

Blog Archive

Contributors