Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Our fun-filled "Christmas" day

Santa stopped by Charlotte before making his way to Brussels. We opened all our gifts from grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. so that we don't have to take them with us.Thanks everyone for all the wonderful gifts!!!!

Then we went to stories and crafts with Mrs. Claus, which was a lot of fun.
And, the recital...(this only took at least a dozen tries to upload, I hope you appreciate it...I think you will :) I'm so proud of my cute girl!


I've highly considered not having her do dance again for the spring because of the battle we go through to put on her tights. But I don't know, what do you think? She just couldn't stop.

After dinner we saw the YMCA's family friendly abridged version of the Nutcracker. Rachel was on the edge of her seat...until it extended past her bedtime, then she became a little restless. She really liked it and had a zillion questions about it all.

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Hi Melanie!! How fun that you guys get to spend Christmas in Brussels! What an experience! I tried to watch the video of Rachel but it wouldn't let me, saying it was private or something? Anyway, I'm sure she was adorable! Hope you guys have a safe and fun trip! Looking forward to more pictures...

natalie said...

The first video said it was private. I guess you need to change that on youtube.
The second video was very fun. Bryn watched it with me and said, "She's a ballerina! She's dancin!"
I love that first picture in front of the tree. Very classic and they both look so cute.
Good luck on that LONG flight that feels 3 times as long with kids!

Melissa said...

Cute pictures and I love her dance recital stuff. I couldn't view the video either. Have a safe and fun time and we will see you when you get back!

Amber said...

Merry Christmas! Have a great time in Brussels; See you when you get back :)

La said...

I wish I could view the video of the dance recital. However, I can imagine what it was like. :) I hope you have a great Christmas. We are sending our gifts for Tommy and Rach with Seth and Heidi. I hope that is okay. Have a great Christmas vacation!!!

Herways Go West said...

OK, The Jake/Mel gang are here in Brussels! No luggage of course. But Mel has fixed the private to public video of Rach dancing. It's GREAT! She has a real arabasque. But I have the real ballerina here with me. Lovin' it.

Anna-Lisa said...

Adorable! Keep her in dance, you want her to learn it! She was sooo cute. Have fun in Brussels.

Jenn said...

Your Rachel dancing is absolutely adorable! Thanks for posting the video.

Cam and Ali said...

OH MY GOSHHHH tommy is gettign so big!!!! I miss you guys so much! Christmas looked like a blast!! Have an amazing time in Brussels! OH and i lovee the dance video!!! Im taking dance out here in NY now and i think of you everytime!!!! Miss ya!!!!

Blog Archive

Contributors