Sunday, September 28, 2008

Blessings of going to the temple

Charlotte is in a gas crisis right now. Luckily for us we only have one car and Jake bike's and takes the bus to work, so we have been fine. The city has gone crazy though, in my opinion. People are panicked and have waited in line for hours and have paid big bucks cause all the station had was Premium. People have even parked and waited for a shipment to come. We've also seen traffic control, police and even violence.
Yesterday we went down south to the Columbia, South Carolina temple. I'll admit I tried to make every excuse not to go. Having just driven to Florida I didn't want to get in the car, we had a huge to do list, the kids would be cranky from lack of sleep, and what about gas? Well, we still went. On the way out, at 6am there was a huge line at the gas station. We had a good half tank which could easily get us down there. Turns out there's plenty of gas just 15 minutes south. The gas people are wasting idling their car and driving around to find a station with gas, they could use to get down south with no lines and normal prices. Funny.
I'm so glad we went to the temple, it was a great experience. And now we have a full tank of gas and we were able to get everything on our to do list done. It was a great day. Hopefully some blessings continue. I'm not sure about news outside of Charlotte but if you haven't heard, Wachovia is looking to merge, which means some major changes. So we'll see. No matter what happens though, I'm not too worried, I know everything will work out.

4 comments:

Anna-Lisa said...

Did you take those pictures? Amazing, but my brother said that when he went to a Duke game a couple weekends ago that all the stations were closing down because there was no gas. I can't believe that Charlotte is in a crisis and that 15 minutes south there's nothing wrong! CRAZY!

natalie said...

Wow it really is crazy over there! I'm glad you guys were able to go to the temple. Did you have someone watch the kids for you or did you take turns? It's so hard to find someone to watch the kids when our temple is an hour 1/2 away. I wish I would have gone more often when it was only 15 min away!

Herways Go West said...

Your gas crisis does make you wonder what we have gotten ourselves into. Our world revolves around transportation! Glad you made it to the temple and to Florida with no problems. And yes, your blessings indeed need to continue (Wachovia!)

Cam and Ali said...

wowwww that is CRAZY. I am glad I am in NY and not even close to that! haha...cameron told me about it, but like jake, he doesnt drive to work so he hasnt had to deal with it! I miss you guys!!!! hope all is well! xoxo alissa

Blog Archive

Contributors