Sunday, October 5, 2008

Race and Rice

Yesterday Jake ran in a 5K for breast cancer. There were soooo many people there...1000's!!! He enjoyed the run and Rachel enjoyed cheering him on. On our way out we were snagging some freebie treats and they asked us if we were going to do the "Kid Dash"- a little 25 yard "race" for the young ones. She got her shirt and her number and was so excited. She talks about the race Daddy did 4 months ago all the time and often on our walks pretends she's doing a race and runs down our entire street. She actually ended up in last place because she got distracted by the mascot. Too cute!So proud!

And today we started Tommy on rice cereal. He's growing up faster than Rachie can run! :) People say that rice cereal doesn't help babies sleep. But I think I disagree. After we fed him, he went down for a nap at 3 and he's still asleep...it's 7:30! Down for the night? I hope not. Too bad this isn't tomorrow. Tuesday morning we have a flight to Utah at 6:30 am. YIKES!

6 comments:

Herways Go West said...

Yipee for rice cereal. Hope he keeps sleeping for you! And Rach looks like a winner for sure. How fun for her to get to race.
Got your pictures of Tommy in the mail today and they are already up on the wall! Good going Mel.
Have a blast in Utah.

AndersenFamily said...

I agree about the cereal, Benton always slept better with a fully tummy! I would still love to see you if you have a second, I know you will be busy though.

Anna-Lisa said...

Oh my gosh Tommy is sooo cute! Tell Rachel and Jake congrats about the race! Sounds like fun, I'm itching for a race myself.

Heidi said...

That's very impressive that Jake does marathons... one day I'd like to think I could run one. I love the pictures of Rachel, she looks so proud to be in a race just like her daddy! And Tommy is getting so big! What are you guys doing in Utah? Do you go there often? Hope you have a great trip!

w and w said...

Let us know when you get back...we'd love to get together. For real y'all!

natalie said...

I love that she got distracted by the mascot and ended up in last place!! That is great.

Blog Archive

Contributors