Monday, September 15, 2008

Dance class

A couple of weeks ago I went to take a dance class. I want to keep up my technique and style, get a good work out, plus I just really miss it. But I'm having a hard time finding something that works for me here in Charlotte. Well, Rachel saw me all dressed up and told me she wanted to go to a dance class too. I thought it was a pretty good idea but I struggled with the idea of signing her up somewhere because I could teach her. I have this huge conflict in my head of what I want to do about my dancing career. Anyway, I looked into it and signed her up at the YMCA we have here that's just a couple miles away. We went last Tuesday to register and she was dancing all over the lobby and when we went to leave she was in big crocodile tears. Heartbreaker! Thursday was her first day of class. Then came my tears. I'm not sure if it's because she's growing up too fast, or the joy of seeing her so excited, or being proud to see her dance and follow along so well, but it does indeed make me cry. She came out of class just laughing and giddy, she had such a good time. She wants to wear her "tar", "pretty skirt", "soft and gentle tights" and "ballerina shoes" everyday. When I picked her up from nursery at church yesterday all the leaders told me how she taught them all how to dance. That's my girl!!


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so adorable! She is growing up too fast, I can't believe she is going to be 3 next month! What a cutie she is... I'll bet she is a great dancer.

Dan G said...

I'm a proud uncle and brother as well.

Dan G said...

I just noticed from your camping pictures that rachel's eating a bag of chips and helping jake set up the tent. Very funny!

Maria said...

Just when you think the girl couldn't get any cuter...

I swear you have the most photogenic girl ever! That is great that she is so into dance. I hope you can find something that works for you. Maybe you should move to a bigger city, something like Boston, where there is more dancing available. Just a thought...

Melissa said...

How fun and she looks so cute in her red dance dress. I am excited for her to show off for me sometime. Little girls are just so much fun. Enjoy it!

Jenny and Al said...

This post reminded me of how we are Nutcracker sistahs! I still have recurring dreams that I am auditioning for party girl. :)

natalie said...

Soft and gentle tights!! haha. That girl is a crack up. I love the pictures of her. The outfit is so cute.
This is getting me so excited for when Bryn can take classes.

AndersenFamily said...

Melanie! Did you see my comment on your last post? I love that your little Rachel wants to follow after her mom! I sure miss talking to you. You will have to let me know when you are out to Salt Lake sometime! Keep up the darling posts.

La said...

It all really is bitter/sweet. I know just how you feel....

Brittany said...

Oh she is so cute!! I can't believe how big she is. I love that she is into dancing!

Herways Go West said...

Oh yes, the problem of having a skill you could pass onto your child, but letting someone else do it. Well bravo. Since she loves it, go for it!
And how is your technique by the way? You still have it? I'm sure you do.

Ryan and Erin said...

Okay, so I'm only two weeks into it, but I have to tell you to go for it! TEACH YOUR OWN DANG CLASSES! Yes - it is stressful, but only for the first little bit when planning the classes but after that it is sooooooooo fun! It's so rewarding, I can't even tell you! DO IT. DO IT. DO IT. :)

AndersenFamily said...

Let's for sure plan a time to get together when you are here! Send me your email.

rach said...

Holy cow mel she is so big and so cute! i cant wait for our play dates coming up so soon awww

Cam and Ali said...

Thats so awesome, i am so glad you found a class!!! =) I need to hit up some in NY! Rachel is sooooooo cute!! miss you guys!!!

Blog Archive

Contributors