Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Dream Come True

This is long...but I thought the grandparents would enjoy it.


With Jake on break from MBA school we decided last minute to drive down to Orlando to experience Disney World. We have a friend that works there and got us free tickets. That's right...FREE. You just can't pass that up...especially when it's 8 hours away and you still have a compact car (considering gas prices these days). We packed in 3 parks in one day, starting off with Magic Kingdom. To say Rachel loved it is an understatement. Her favorite she says was meeting Cinderella. She also LOVED the dumbo ride. She did not like the wicked fairy in the castle show and she hated Peter Pan's flight. At Hollywood Disney (MGM) she thoroughly enjoyed the Pixar Parade and was enthralled with the Little Mermaid show. At Epcot she loved the Nemo ride and could have spent hours watching the fish, dolphins, sharks, sea turtles, sting rays, manatees and scuba divers in the aquariums.
Disney World is always great fun, but when you experience it with your 3 year old daughter it's magical!! We loved focusing on her all day. Although once they crashed that night, Jake and I got to splurge a little on ourselves and enjoyed some French pastries :)
The next day we spent swimming at the Animal Kingdom resort and drove back Sunday. All so worth it. THANK YOU SENTA!!!

9 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh how fun! I wish we knew someone that worked at Disneyland because that would only be a 6 hour drive for us. Rachel looked like she was having a ball and Tommy is getting so big!

Maria said...

I can't believe you were able to do so much in one day. That is great you were able to do that and for free is even better.

Anna-Lisa said...

I am SOOO jealous! I want to go! I love Disney World. You guys sure met a lot of the characters. Rachel looked like she had fun. I'm glad your trip brought back memories of when we went to Disney Land. What fun! PB and J, man we had a lot of those. Now me and Pat have a favorite road trip meal: french bread, cheese and Thoringer (it's kind of like salami but better).

Anonymous said...

Ummm...can I just say JEALOUS! That video was not long enough...I want more. Rachel and Tommy are the cutest. How fun for you guys, was Rachel just so overwhelmed. I am sad that she didn't like Peter Pan's Flight because that is one of my all time favorites. I love the picture where they are in with the aliens and "The Claw" is above them.

La said...

I love Disneyland! But with kids, you are right, it is magic.But three parks in one day. WOW! I can't believe you did that. Impressive. I enjoyed the video and Scarlet couldn't take her eyes off of it. She has watched it like three times.

Herways Go West said...

I FELT the magic through your pictures. The fact that it was free didn't hurt the magic feeling did it?? Those princess girls act and talk like the movie princess girls. What a hoot. I don't think it would be possible to pack in a more memorable week-end!

Cam and Ali said...

AHH that looks like so much fun!!! i love disney! I am so jealous! =-)

Jenn said...

That is super cute. When we went to Disneyland a year ago, our Rachel was three and Cinderella was her favorite, too. I'm glad that you all had so much fun here in Florida.

natalie said...

I'm so jealous. I've never been to Disney anything. Looks like you guys had a great time. I love amusement parks!

I'm jealous that it was free too. That is so nice.

Blog Archive

Contributors