Monday, February 1, 2016

San Diego

Two days after our blizzard Jake and I are on an airplane to San Diego.  Jake had a conference here and he first told me I should join him right after we moved.  I was very hesitant to come considering my kids and their adjusting, finding someone to watch the kids, etc.  But when we woke up that first morning in California to see this...I was SO glad he twisted my arm and wondered why I had resisted.  I really needed it!  It was so rejuvenating.  We had a great time!
 Our morning walk on the bluffs of La Jolla.  Stunningly beautiful!!!!




 While Jake went off to meetings, I found the perfect breakfast place.  Hot chocolate and some amazing french toast.  I loved it so much that I brought Jake back the next day.  Good for the soul!!
Kate wrote me a handful of letters to open when I arrived.  Super super cute!
 The next day we spent visiting Old Town San Diego and the Mormon Battalion museum
 We ate LOTS of Mexican food, since there are not a lot of good options on the East Coast.  I think this was my first time trying fried ice cream.  Oh my goodness, SO delicious!
 340degree views from Mt. Soledad
 Hiking Torrey Pines.  It is the dessert :)
 It was beautiful!




 We almost missed our chance to try one of these Acai bowls that came highly recommended.  The diner closed at 1:30.  Who ever heard of such a thing?  We found one on our last night and it was incredible!  I was full from dinner and the lady gave us a large instead of a small and I still at the whole thing.
 We managed to fit in some time with Jake's brother Seth and his family and my uncle and aunt that live an hour north.  So so fun to see them all!!  And thanks to some good friends from Princeton and my dad for watching the kids so we could escape for a few days.  I'm so so grateful.












3 comments:

Herways Go West said...

Awesome. So blessed. Looks like the weather was perfect.

Amy said...

Such a great getaway. It looks so lovely and warm! I'm glad Grandpa could come help you out.

natalie said...

I love all your updates! We miss you all. I'm pretty tired and heading to bed but I will try to comment on them another day!

Blog Archive

Contributors