Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Nine and feeling fine

Rachel wanted a Halloween party this year for her birthday.  It was a lot of fun to plan.  Of the ten girls she invited, 8 of them had names ending in an A...Thara, Sophia, Gianna, Nitika, Kira, Ana...I can't remember the others.
They began the party decorating their own masks
Spider web obstacle course
Monster potato sack races.  It was cute to see them all fight to be on Rachel's team.
And cute to see Tommy and Kate in on all the action
Twister
Mummy wrap...this one did not work like I thought it would.
These girls had a lot of fun together and got really loud and chaotic at one point when we tried to have a little dance party.  We had to put on a movie for a few minutes to calm them down.
One of the funnest parts for me was the food :)
And of course the cake!

After party guests departed she opened her gifts.  This girl loves books
I got her this shirt and the first day she wore it managed to get paint (not washable) all over it, and she was really sad.  Since it was on clearance...Happy Birthday!
Pogo Stick.  She mastered it pretty quickly and can bounce up into the hundreds
We were amazed how many gifts she got.  Most of the girls gave her multiple things!
And I finished her desk.  She loves it and really appreciated the hard work I put into it.
Last year of single digits, I can't believe it!

I sure love this cute, talented, curious, helpful, tender-hearted, hard-working, book-devouring, creative-thinking,  adventure-taking girl of mine!

3 comments:

Herways Go West said...

Those great at home b.day parties are more and more rare. I bet the girls loved it. Lots of work for you but it looks like it was a success. In the hundreds on the pogo stick????? WOW

Amy said...

Such a fun birthday party! The food looked so cute. I sure love that Rachie. She really is such a sweet girl!

La said...

Happy Birthday Rachie!

Blog Archive

Contributors