Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Candy Spree

Our first event took place at Jake's work at their annual trick-or-treating.  They were really nice and made me feel good when they all raved about my homemade costumes.  I had the idea of making Lily a Cabbage Patch doll pretty last minute.  So I was proud of myself for putting it together so quickly.
The smile and the leg up.  So great!



All lined up
Rachel came to me several weeks before Halloween with a complete drawing of what she wanted to be for Halloween.  I had no clue how I would accomplish it.  Her enthusiasm and persistence pushed me to the fabric store.  I was not hopeful at all.  But we went together and found the "perfect" fabric and then found a pattern she liked.  I have never sewn from an actual pattern and it was a big learning curve for me.  About half way through I realized it was the wrong size.  Luckily it was pretty easy to fix by trimming it down and I barely had enough fabric left.  I was pretty proud of myself, especially with learning how to do an invisible zipper.  And how the hat turned out with the icicles (although I wish the brim was a bit stiffer).  The best part was how appreciative she was, because she knew how much work it was, and she loved the end result.  I wish I got better pictures, cause she did have a neat cape too.  Anyway, here she is "The Ice Wizard"
I got a lot of compliments of this one too.  This costume came together pretty easily with a trip to the dollar store and consignment store and the hardware store for the spray paint.
This one, easiest of all (thank goodness!) birthday gift from Grandma and she LOVED it!


Ringing the doorbell with his gun
Neighbor friend.  When Katelyn asked her what her name was last summer she said, "Suzanne of course!" in her little Indian accent.  And she since been known as "Zannacourse"
The little ones and I retired early to pass out candy and eat some too :)
The legs crossed...too funny
A sucker can solve any tear
Not bad
So proud of her new accomplishment of standing up!!
This girl loves baths
The following day we had a candy recycle.  Or at least that's what I called it.  Our ward trunk-or-treat.  Tommy won an award in the costume contest.
It was a lot of work, so I was glad when it was all over.  But I really enjoyed the process and seeing these kids in full character and seeing their excitement.  It was worth it!

3 comments:

Colie said...

Zannacourse - that'll probably be the up & coming name of 2015. Also, can you make my kids' costumes every year? You did awesome!

natalie said...

The cabbage patch doll is adorable! I love that Rachel had a plan for her costume. I love seeing all the kids' Halloween costumes and how excited they are.

Herways Go West said...

You could go into the costume making business (as well as b.cake decorating) Your costume is Waaaay better than the Disney costume (Tommy's) Cabbage patch doll. Purrrrrrrfect.

Blog Archive

Contributors