Thursday, February 26, 2015

Disney World

We had an unexpected change of plans with our highly anticipated and planned Disney trip/cruise.  In short, Jake was needed to present at an end of year meeting for one of the companies he works for.  So he ended up joining us a day later and leaving the ship mid-week.  It did make things tricky for me...managing four kids through an airport, on a plane, and at Disney World on my own.  But we were happy to have him for at least part of the time.

Luckily it was a short flight, and dinner went well...the bus to the hotel was a nightmare.
To save a little cash, I brought cereal and milk in my suitcase :)

We hit the ground running with 4 parks in 2 days.  All the kids did great with all the walking.

Animal Kingdom safari ride

Cousins reunited.  It is such a treat for us!  Definitely one of the hardest things living so far away :(

Mt. Everest ride.  Rachel and Tommy loved it.
Finding Nemo show

Navigating through the parks with a crowd of 16 (the first day, 20 the second) meant losing each other, waiting for each other, etc.  But the kids were just excited to be together and made the most of it.

Hollywood Studios

Toy Story Mania

Tommy's costume was better ;)

Tower of Terror.  Kate was brave enough to try, she didn't cry, but she was shaking hard with fright and did NOT want to go again.

Biggest highlight of the day...riding Star Tours over and over again.



My dad went to the churro stand and asked for 15 churros.  The kind workers said it was "on Mickey."  Woohoo!!!

Next day Magic Kingdom



She would not get on a horse

What are you eating?  I want some
Autopia
Nothing like a little sugar to keep you going

Small world
The new ride Seven Dwarf Mine ride.  This was Kate's favorite ride because it was "so awesome!"  It was cute to watch her wait so patiently in line her second time around.

Elsa and Anna froze the Cinderella castle.  It was beautiful!

Epcot.  WAY crowded, but we were happy to squeeze in Fish N Chips and Cruising over California

I think the clock says it's nearing 11pm.  Poor baby!
If there were meltdowns, I don't remember them.  It was a big success, we all had a great time!

5 comments:

The Bawden's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Bawden's said...

IT's really tripping me out that random photos of my family are showing up on your blog when I look at it on my phone, but on my computer there isn't. I'm glad that that is the case though.

Herways Go West said...

Those tired eyes of Lily. Says it all. Fun, fun to the max and I'm exhausted!

natalie said...

Tommy's costume WAS better.
This makes me want to go! I've never been to the parks in Florida. Looks so fun.

La said...

I am jealous of all the cousin time! This summer can't come soon enough!

Blog Archive

Contributors