Monday, March 28, 2011

Dear Spring

I'm ready to pack my gloves, scarf, and ear muffs away. I'm tired of looking up the weather in the morning and seeing "feels like 17." You've teased us with a couple visits but you are more than welcome to come and stay now. Afterall, it will be April this week. I have never been more excited to see your blossoms and flowers. Come quickly!

Love, Melanie

Seriously, we have had some yucky weather this past week. Anyway, here's a cute picture of Rachel and some of her classmates walking to school one morning. I must say that this is one thing I have loved about her school and living down here in Battery Park City. It's such a fun little community and even though there's still thousands of people living in this area you do see people you know fairly regularly. We'll often hear a "Raaaaachel!" from across the street at random times of the day. We know all the kids and most of the other parents in Rachel's class from playdates and birthday parties, because usually the entire class (plus their families) are invited.I had the great privilege of attending Rachel on one of her field trips. All of them so far have been within walking distance of the school, but last week we got to go to the Guggenheim!
This is our tour guide showing the kids a sea shellThe building is designed like one
They had a blast walking to the topSadly our tour was cut fairly short, because of the rain. Well, it was the traffic really, but I'm blaming the rain. We didn't get to see a lot of the artwork, but I loved what I did see.
For playgroup last Friday I told Tommy we were going to a playground. He wanted to go to a "sand" playground and cried hard for 20 minutes as we walked to this indoor playground. It's just still so blasted cold!! Once he saw this place I don't think I've seen him happier! If only this playground weren't so far or hundreds of dollars to join I would have gone everyday this winter. I just love the ball pit...I haven't seen these in ages!

7 comments:

Amy said...

I hear ya, Mel! Spring is always flirting with us too. But soon we'll be begging for cooler weather so its really just a never ending cycle! Tommy looks adorable in that last picture!

natalie said...

Love the walking in the rain to school pic. So cute.

Herways Go West said...

Two fabulous pictures: the girls holding hands in the rain walking to school...and Tommy in the ball pit. Also the kids walking to the top of the seashell museum.. That's cool too.
Sorry you are in the cold still. We had two gloriously warm spring days, however today we are back to cloudy and cold. I hope that wasn't our summer!
Oh and nice that Raaaaachel has so many friends. I'm so glad she was able to go to school this year. What a blessing in so many respects.

La said...

I loved Guggenheim when I went a million years ago. (8th grade) What a great experience to live in a great city!

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

Oh my goodness we are being teased here as well! And I hate it. Today was like 65 degrees and this weekend we are suppose to have some huge storm! Which I think you have one coming your way as well. I can't wait for dry warm weather. How fun that you got to go on Rachel's field trip. That is nice that she has some school friends close. They are cute. And that picture of Tommy is the best. I use to love those ball pits! Miss you all and love you all!

Colie said...

How did I get the lucky warm days? Thanks for letting me come visit! Let's do it again next week. :)

ephrielle said...

My plants seem to be convinced it is spring, but I don't think they are all that sane. I mean you must consider much of the plant life stays semi-awake all year long here. But I understand your longing for spring. Well almost, since spring still means low temps and rain where I live I am wishing for summer. Or at the very least something with a few more days of sunshine.

Blog Archive

Contributors