Friday, April 8, 2011

B is for...

Brooklyn

It's been on our to-do list. We've done the bridge and all but we wanted to try the famous pizzeria over there called Grimaldi's. So we did it with Colie, who was in town for a couple days (pays to have a friend in the airline business huh?)Fabulous pizza! Kate actually preferred the table :)
Butterflies, Bones and the Brain

Also on the to-do list (our time in NYC is growing short) the American Natural History Museum. We splurged a little to do some exhibits thanks to some "fun" money (thanks Brooke and Mom). Rachel and I did the Butterfly conservatory. It was incredible...butterflies EVERYWHERE! You could feel the wind from their wings as they flew passed your face. We saw butterflies of every color and size. So beautiful!
We were told that if we wiped the sweat off our foreheads (it was quite humid in there) and held out our hand we might be able to catch a butterfly. Kate was the lucky one...she did it no sweat!
Jake did the Brain exhibit and is now hooked on brain games. Tommy loved the dinosaur bones and the spaceship.
Kate loved it all. It was fun to see all her admirers as we pushed her around. Poor girl is bursting out of her 3-6 month clothes. Still waiting for that warmer weather.
Bananas

The food cart is back! I love the convenience of this thing!
Blossoms

Finally! Spring is definitely trying.
Baseball

Jake has been anxious for baseball season to start, so that he could take Tommy to another game. This kid sat enthralled for 3 hours, without getting restless, and didn't even mind the fact that it was pretty cold outside.
Birthday

Pumpkin pancakes, nice weather, a date with me, a donut cake, and friends to share it with...I think he got pretty spoiled. I took him to a seafood place for dinner. We've never done it because I don't like seafood. I think he enjoyed it and the curried tuna sandwich was actually really good.
He deserves it all and I wish I could give him more. I really love this guy. We had a conversation that night about being competitive. I never really realized it before but Jake isn't competitive, despite all the sports he did in high school and his academic achievements. What he is is an achiever. He's not interested in beating somebody, he's interested in doing the best he can do. I am constantly impressed with his commitment to us, his family and his ambition for his dreams. He has a real talent with relationships and can network like nobody's business. I love spending time with him. He can still make me laugh and we can still talk into the late hours of the night (course not as often as we used to). We also celebrated our 7th Anniversary yesterday and even though we haven't had a chance to celebrate it yet we enjoyed thinking about it symbolically...that we are now "perfect" and "complete" :)

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary and b-day to Jake. From the pics on the cake, looks like next year is the BIG year!

The butterflies looked really pretty. I bet Rachel loved them. Lets figure a time to skpye this week. Lots to catch up on.

Herways Go West said...

I hope I can remember all that I want to say:
1)Kate eating the table instead of Pizza! Picture of the year!
2)tommy and the baseball game. Sat still for 3 hours??? go do it again!
3)Butterflies, brains, dinosaurs...wow, I would love to go to that museum
4)Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!
Interesting what you say about Jake not being competitive but just an achiever. I agree.

Herways Go West said...

Oh, and the fruit stand. I loved that stand as well. Glad he is back!

Amy said...

Looks like baby Kate is going to keep those beautiful blue eyes. So cute. Glad Jake's birthday was fun and that you have been able to cross some "to-dos" off your list. And if we are ever at a butterfly exhibit together, you will have to take my kids because I could not handle flying things by my face or ears. Gives me the chills just thinking about it! Love you guys!

natalie said...

I like Kate eating the table. haha. And Tommy at the game. What a cutie.
Congrats on 7 years! and happy bday to Jake.

Colie said...

I like it - 7 years of marriage = "perfection". Happy Anniversary! Glad I could come visit & still busting up about Miss Kate & her table pizza. :)
Happy B-day, Jacques! Love you!

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

Mel, we found a way good deal on airfare to NY. When will you be leaving ? We may try and come out... Let us know.

rach said...

WOW NO WAY 7 YEARS! THAT IS GREAT HAPPY B DAY JAKE! LOOKS LIKE FUN I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU GUYS! LOVES!

Heidi said...

I can't believe Tommy stayed interested in a baseball game for 3 hours!!!

Blog Archive

Contributors