Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Providence

Some friends of ours let us borrow their car for the weekend so we could escape the city. We decided to do Boston again. All 3 kids fit snuggly in the back seat of the sedan and we made our way up on Friday. Since we've seen Boston a couple of times we decided to explore Providence, Rhode Island. We spent some time at the capitol building and then eating grilled pizza and bakery items in Little Italy. We had a great time.

Here's the fantastic four enjoying tv shows and chocolate milk
The kids ready to ride
View from the capitol building

Fun little square of Little Italy where we had lunch
The kid table
Crazy Kate
Hours of fun with dress up
It's so fun to see these two pick up on their friendship that was started at 6 months old.
On the long car ride home yesterday Katelyn fell asleep drinking her bottle
The kids loved playing together building forts, playing games, coloring, and just using their wild imaginations. Tommy loved all the boy toys. He made it very clear for about half the car ride that he did NOT want to go home. Jake and I also loved talking to our friends into the late hours of the night. Always good times!

6 comments:

La said...

What a great weekend! I am going to Boston in May. What should I see? (send me an email list, okay?)

Amy said...

So fun! Glad you got to get away for awhile. I would LOVE to see Boston someday. The kids are as cute as ever!

natalie said...

I have always wanted to go to boston & rhode island! little italy looks fun.

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

How fun! That is great that they can still be great friends. I would love to go to Boston some day, but there are plenty of places that I want to go as well. What a great little getaway. I'm glad you were able to go. Love you all and miss you!

Herways Go West said...

Glad you had fun. Looks a tad cold? Kate falling asleep with her bottle is a crack-up: you guys wore her out!

Colie said...

That is so cool that Rachie has a friend from 6 months old. I'm glad you guys are in town this week though because I get to see you in just 2 days! Woohoo!

Blog Archive

Contributors