Thursday, March 3, 2011

Winter Break

For Rachel's week off of school we headed to Utah to visit family

I loved the fountains at the airport that were their perfect height
The luxury of a yard! Rachel dressed herself in snow gear and headed out on her own. This is where I found her our first morning at 7am
We took her out for her first time skiing. She couldn't wait even the 8 miles up the canyon, she was so excited.
She really wanted to do ski school with a teacher, but 6 hours is too much. This technique proved to work pretty well. Although afterwards I learned that the new thing is hula hoops. Genius! I'll have to try that next time.
The best part of the day was the smile on her face and her saying, "I'm doing it!"
What a great Daddy Daughter Double Date
We headed up to Driggs, Idaho on day #2 to spend some time with Jake's brothers and their families. We snowmobiled, relaxed, watched movies, and enjoyed great company.
Warming up with Scarlet
Just had to throw this one in there
Early morning cartoons
"Not in my town"
Boys and their cars
More cousin time
We did a trip to Provo to spend time with Great Grandma.
And oh Brick Oven, how I love it, let me count the ways: 1. brown cows (root beer shake) 2. garlic bread 3.spinach artichoke dip 4.pizza
And the BYU creamery, you just don't get any better...mint cookies and cream, graham cracker ice cream and chocolate with marshmallow cream and caramel. We definitely gained a few pounds on this trip.
This is a picture of the kids playing after their ice cream.
Mini bowling, miniature golfing, go karts, playground and arcades...kid heaven



Once there was a snowman, tall, tall, tall

We had some beautiful weather there in the end and we took full advantage
Tommy teaching Jack how to drive
Katelyn and Sophie, just one week apart. I love how all my kids have cousin friends!
A successful vacation, we also enjoyed texas roadhouse rolls and cinnamon butter, seeing old roommates I haven't seen in years, and their new babies, seeing BYU win 2 big games (placing them 3rd in the rankings), Citta Gelato, Just Dance on the Wii, Cafe Rio, and In-N-Out.

My favorite part of it all was spending time with family and friends. Take out all the fun places and good food and I would have been just as happy. Thanks again everyone!!

9 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm so glad you guys had so much fun and I'm also super glad that I was one of those BYU roommates that you came to see. It sure was fun. Plus brownies with good friends always makes the day better!

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

Fun times! I love that picture of Kate with the blanket in her mouth sleeping. She is such a cutie and I am so glad I finally got to meet her. It was fun to play with you all. And miss you tons already! I hope the flight back went well. Love you all and talk to you soon!

natalie said...

Wow. What a blast! I haven't been to brick oven or the byu creamery in forever. Now you are making me want some...

Amy said...

So great. We had the best time. Hope its not a year before we see you again.

Tom and Kari Lane said...

Fun times.

ephrielle said...

Way to plan vacation time. I always have big plans to hit all my favorite places and end up getting next to none of them done. I need someone with your skills along for the ride.

Anna-Lisa said...

Mel - it was sooo fun to see you on your trip! Both Kari and I had a lot of fun. There's a picture of your family in the back yard with a snowman - was that Brittany? She looks EXACTLY like you now!

La said...

I am so glad we were able to steal you all for some Driggs fun. I think it should be a tradition. For reals.

Herways Go West said...

You guys are all in T-shirts....you must have really loved it. I love spring skiing....and Rach looks like she really did love it. I'm so proud of all the kids for learning this sport. And snowmobiles....wow! Lots of cousin time. I'm totally jealous that I wasn't there. The picture of Kate with her cousin...fabulous. Oh, and that is one awesome snowman...Richard always goes all out!
The pictures are all great. Thanks for the update!

Blog Archive

Contributors