Sunday, September 26, 2010

Surviving

The last couple weeks have been interesting. Some good days...some really bad days. Taking care of three kids has been tricky, especially in a small apartment. Trying to get Katelyn to sleep with two loud kids...sometimes all three of them crying at once. I had to lock myself in the bathroom once. I keep telling myself that I know it'll get better, but will it? I can't complain too much, Katelyn does pretty well at night, for a newborn. She wakes me up only once to eat. It can be little hard to put her back to sleep though. I do still suffer from a little sleep deprivation, or at least it's a good excuse for where my brain has gone.

Anyway, here is a random assortment of pictures taken recently.

I swear she does not have gas. She is not a difficult baby, but she certainly isn't easy either. It's amazing how much work these little things are. I sure love that beautiful little face though!
These kids can be so fun to watch, they get really silly together.They still adore Katelyn, almost too much sometimes for her own good
One of the best parts of my day is seeing this girl light up when she sees me when I'm picking her up from school. I love walking hand in hand with her and hearing about all the fun things she did at school.
Katelyn loves the sling


Tommy has resisted his nap the past few days, which is a bummer because I was getting in some good naps. But this is what typically happens late afternoon...he camps out on the family room floor
Although it's been challenging keeping this kid entertained without his sister, and being busy rocking or nursing Kate, I've really enjoyed the one on one time with this little dude. Don't mind my hair. I'm lucky if I can get a shower in by lunch time, if at all :)
She's 3 weeks old already!!! I can't believe it.
A much needed movie night
We spent yesterday morning in Brooklyn, enjoying the playgrounds, free bike rentals, and ice cream


Cleaning the floor, or trying to get Katelyn to sleep?
Here's a somewhat pathetic attempt to get a family picture on self timer. Rachel needs to take one to school tomorrow and I realized we didn't have any.

12 comments:

{Frances} said...

The family picture looks great :)

La said...

I love the family picture. Three kids, wow, you guys are legit. I am way impressed.

natalie said...

Um I can totally relate to locking myself in the bathroom. I think if I had 3 kids right now I would be doing that all day every day. You are awesome!
Great pictures... I like the kids in the box, Katelyn kissing Tommy, Jake asleep while Tommy watches the movie. so funny!

natalie said...

oh and thanks for the book recommendation. we used it at the party!

Herways Go West said...

'Complain' or 'air-it-out' all you want! You have no one who thinks you are a wimp. Brave Mel. Your new title. And Jake cleaning the floor while trying to get Kate to sleep cracked me up. I can just imagine Rach 'lighting up' when you get her from school. Aw. Give her a big hug. And you have dang cute kids.

Herways Go West said...

'Complain' or 'air-it-out' all you want! You have no one who thinks you are a wimp. Brave Mel. Your new title. And Jake cleaning the floor while trying to get Kate to sleep cracked me up. I can just imagine Rach 'lighting up' when you get her from school. Aw. Give her a big hug. And you have dang cute kids.

Colie said...

Rachie & Tommy look like ying & yang in that cardboard box. Katelyn looks likes she's getting royal treatment. Love you guys!

Heidi said...

Mel, you're my hero. I don't know how you do it!

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

You are doing great Mel! That first picture of Katelyn reminds me of one of you or maybe Rachel ha ha! Tommy and Rachel are cute. I love that they are buddies and that probably helps you out a lot as well. I love the picture with Rachel and ice cream all over her face! You have some great pictures. Well love you all and can't wait to see you again!

Amy said...

You are amazing! Seriously. The kiddies are all doll faces. Wish we were neighbors!

Tim and Cindy Larsen said...

You know..... the better idea is to lock the kids in the bathroom.... then think of all the space you would have to yourself........ the key word for this "chapter" of my life has been "perspective" three kids tipped me over and I found that I became somewhat of a run down grump... a lot to keep up with and sleep deprivation for all doesn't help.... the only treatment....... daddy time... I hope your kids get a lot of it...... it's the only way I keep from going SUPER crazy.... bless all those single moms really! hang in there! love the pics!

AM said...

you can do this! you are an inspiration! it will get better! i thought of you guys the other day when i was thinking that we miss our yard and don't have as much space. i thought, if the herways can have three kids in an ny apartment, i can live here and be grateful!!! we think you are great and hope to cross paths with you again someday!!

Blog Archive

Contributors