Sunday, September 12, 2010

First Day of School

Well, we decided to do it. Rachel is going to Kindergarten. Her first day (half day) was on Wednesday. Here they are the night before. They kept their backpacks on all night, even through dinner. Rachel is really excited about it and cute little Tommy wants to be just like his big sis.
It's hard to believe I have an almost five year old. I almost cry just thinking about how fast she's growing up.
Off we goIt's a brand new school that is under a half mile from our apartment. This is the walk we'll be doing twice a day now. It's pretty now but I think I might despise it in a few months.
Meeting Miss Maddy
The classroomTommy was cute too, he was just as ready to go to school as Rachel. He made himself right at home with all the toys. He wanted to hang up his backpack right next to hers and did NOT want to leave. I looked into the public preschool they have, but it's everyday, I couldn't do that.

Okay, Daaaaad...ByeAdmiring the view of the Statue of Liberty from the Library
And her report: she had fun, her teacher is nice, her favorite part of the day was coloring, she was shy but she met a Kate, Caitlin, Oscar, and Owen.

Saying goodbye wasn't hard, I don't think it's really hit me yet especially since we had a half day then Thursday Friday off for Jewish holiday and then tomorrow is another half day. I'm not quite sure how the routine is going to work out. The thing that I think will be most hard on me is Tommy. He's going to miss his playmate, it'll be sad doing things and going places without her (although maybe not the grocery store). We've had so much change in our lives recently, I hope this is it for now.

10 comments:

Amy said...

So cute! She looks so big at school. I am sure she will do great.

La said...

WOW! Go Rach. I hope you get into a good routine, it makes the world a happier place. :)

natalie said...

LOVE it! But at the same time I am a little bit sad for you that she is growing up.
I love that Tommy was ready to go too. And you are such a good mom to not send him to preschool every day even though the option is available. Many moms choose otherwise!

Herways Go West said...

Go Rach! She is a natural student and will love it. Amazing how fast they do grow up though. Wouldn't want it any other way, but stillllll.....

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

Oh she is so cute! I knew she would love school! It is crazy how fast time goes by. I love that Tommy was ready to go to school too. It sounds like he will miss her a lot!

Maria said...

How is it going this week? I hope she continues to enjoy it and you are able to have some good time with your other 2.

Patrick Rich said...

Yeah for school!

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Adorable! Glad we came across your blog, it's so fun to see your adorable kiddos!

Colie said...

Fun! I loooove that you guys can walk to her school. Cars are over-rated. :)

Heidi said...

Sounds like she was ready! What a cutie pie.

Blog Archive

Contributors