Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Thanks again Grandma

My mom left on Sunday. We sure had a great time with her here and she was a huge help. Jake took off on Monday so yesterday was my first day all by myself. I managed to get Rachel to school on time, who cares if Tommy and I were still in our pjs. Katelyn decided to be awake and fussy ALL day and Tommy learned to take full advantage of the times I nurse. He raided the snack cupboard, pulled all the books off the shelves and toys out of the bins. It was an interesting day. Today, however, has been a lot better.

A few more things we did with grandma:
Playing on the "Big" Piano at FAO Schwarz. Fun store, except for the broken record, "can I have"..."I want"...The kids played dress up one afternoon...Cinderella and her prince, dancing and singing "so this is love" and Cinderella dashes off leaving a slipper behind. The prince says, "oh no, an emergency!" and runs off after her. He was quite distraught about it.
September 11 - we walked past the memorial service, saw a million firetrucks and police cars, and heard them reading off the names. A neat experience. If you're interested in what we see everyday (it's right across the street) and what their plans are for the world trade center site go to wtcprogress.com.
The "beach" at the south street seaport
To celebrate Grandma's last night we went to the restaurant on the river, right outside our apartment complex. Rachel's been begging to eat here since we moved in.
My mom is amazing, she took care of the cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, cooking...even getting up with my crazy kids in the morning. One morning Tommy woke up at 4:15, for good. She's a saint!
We sure miss you, Tommy's still wondering what happened to the magic bag :)

7 comments:

Melissa said...

It is hard when you finally have to start doing it on your own. Soon enough, you won't be able to remember what life was like with just 2 kids. I feel like my hardest time was when Natalie was 2 months. Love all the pics!

La said...

Wow. You really have a helpful Mama. That is priceless. Secondly, that third kid thing is a kicker. I will be thinking of you. (p.s. I hope I mail Kate's gift before she out grows it. Keep your fingers crossed.)
Lastly, You look amazing. You just have a baby and then shrink back to your perfect little self. It's amazing!

Colie said...

All of your posts just look like fun! Ok, maybe the 4:45 am bit stinks ... but still - NYC is really just one big playground!

Herways Go West said...

Your mom is great! Loved all the pics...hey, was that piano keyboard the one that Tom Hanks danced on in 'Big'?
So we get to see Kate when she is 3 months.....oh boy!

Heidi said...

How great that your mom could stay for so long. What a HUGE help she must have been. I can't believe your already so out and about just having had a baby! I guess you don't really have a choice when you have two other kids though do you? :)

Amy said...

I'm glad you survived your first day all alone! I feel your pain! But life is good and your kiddies are adorable!

w and w said...

HAD NO IDEA YOU WERE THERE! We'll have to actually get together with you next time :). Beautiful new girl you have there. What a great family!

Blog Archive

Contributors