Monday, November 16, 2015

Five

First day of school!  Fifth and second grade.  I can hardly believe this will be Rachel's last year of elementary school!!
I deliberated for a long time about whether to send Kate to Kindergarten this year.  She makes the deadline for our district, but I had the feeling we should wait.  I weighed all the pros and cons, prayed, talked to lots of people, and came to the conclusion that she will start next year.
Just like the big kids...always

Best friends

These girls were amazing!  I think Kate got 4 shots and Lily got 2.  Not one single tear.  It was definitely worth celebrating.
Kate decided on a Belle birthday the day after last year's Cinderella birthday and was set on it.  I was not thrilled with the idea at first but then I started to run with it and it was a lot of fun.

We invited a handful of friends to "Be our Guest" at our luncheon/tea party



Going around the table- Kate, Brooklyn, Suzanne, Kayla, Lily, and Sara
"Try the grey stuff, it's delicious"  It really was!  Basically oreo pudding.


A couple simple games and play time is all they need.

That is one happy girl!






  • This girl is Mommy's little helper!  She helps me get everything I need at the grocery store, then empties the bags when we get home.  She loves to surprise us in the mornings by setting the table for breakfast before we all wake up.
  • She loves to color and look through picture books, and can spend hours doing so.
  • She loves games, especially the Daddy tickle games called Monster Game 1 and Monster Game 2.
  • She plays well with all her siblings, especially Tommy.  She is always happy to play soldiers, cars, or even wrestling.  
  • But also loves all things girly...bows, bracelets, dresses, etc.
  • She is my shy one but is getting braver.  It usually just takes a little time.  She is definitely one you want to break the ice with cause her personality can be so bubbly, expressive and fun.
  • Kate is a snuggler.  She loves her hugs.
She is my sunshine!  I love her smile.  I'm very grateful I get to spend another year with her at home.

2 comments:

Amy said...

We sure love that Kate. Isn't it funny how they decide on their birthday so far in advance?! Sophie does the same thing. Such a cute party.

natalie said...

Love the pic of rach & tommy on the 1st day of school. Are you seeing these comments that I am posting so late?
And glad Kate had a happy birthday!

Blog Archive

Contributors