Friday, May 29, 2015

Mother May I

Go Outside...
If Lily could have it her way :) she would live outside!!  I have to keep our front door locked because she can open it and escape.  She constantly wants to go bye-bye.
 These blossoms were in the back not too far from our home
 After watching Kate blow these "wishing flowers."  Her cuteness was killing me
Go Camping...
Speaking of living outside we wanted to take advantage this time of year of nice temperatures and minimal bugs/mosquitoes and we went camping.  It's so fun to see my kids excitement and anticipation for it...the love going camping!
We borrowed a canoe and enjoyed a nice family outing on the lake together, although Lily was not too sure about it.

 Such a good sister
 All I had to do was point out the "quack quacks" for Lily to calm down.




 We tried to put Lily to bed a little earlier than the rest of the kids.  She sat in her crib, talking and singing to herself.  Tommy said, "Lily's crazy." And then we hear a "hey!"  We all had a really good laugh.
 Poor Kate fell on her lip, not once, but twice!  Poor girl.  She was a good sport about it though.


 Jake told a riveting Indian Bob story when Indian Bob served in the French and Indian War.
 Go to the playground...
Look at those dirty knees
 One day Lily got an apple and the next thing I know...she ate the whole thing.  Core and seeds included, everything but the top part of the stem.
 While Jake and Tommy headed off to go camping for Fathers and Sons, I took the girls on a bike ride on the canal path.  Rachel found a place to explore, "where nobody has gone before" and found paradise.
 And the little ones could have spent the whole night throwing rocks into the canal.
 In her element
 Finished off the evening with a movie night.  I chose Homeward Bound because I knew they would all enjoy it, even Lily.
 Tommy lost his first top tooth.  I think it's really cute.  I completely forgot about tooth fairy duties and luckily he slept in and I was able to get it done.  Phew!
 I had a fabulous Mother's Day.  Jake went above and beyond with the meals he prepared for me.  I was very impressed, and it was really delicious.  My kids gave me lots of homemade gifts and pictures, I absolutely love it!
Had to document this Mother's Day picture of the true story of trying to capture a nice photo.
 Lily, sit still??  Maybe when I'm reading a book, but not outside on a beautiful day.
 She's already starting to have opinions on the clothes she wears and we're seeing the beginnings of tantrums.
 A couple random shots.  Oh the fun I get to have with these two girls at home.

 We had a great time at the circus one night.
 Kate's story time never ceases to amaze me.
 I love our "backyard"
 Our Memorial Weekend was a hot one.  I think they made about $13.
 Rachel learned and practiced how to french braid my hair and she put pigtails in Lily's hair.
 Kate asked every day for weeks, "how many days until we go to the swimming pool"  I would sometimes say the wrong number and she would correct me.  So why do they ask???  We sure are lucky to have it.


4 comments:

Herways Go West said...

Indian Bob and a camping trip, doesn't get much better. Llily eating the whole apple, she should be european cuz that's how they eat them (at least the German ladies I watched on a boat trip one time). I'm with Lily, happiest when I am outside.

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

Man you guys have been busy. I too can't wait to go camping with my kiddos.

The Bawden's said...

Love Homeward Bound! Haven't seen it in years! I should introduce Ellia to it, she would be all over that. We took Ellia camping last year in California and it was one sleepless night, so kuddos to you!

natalie said...

I wish I had time to comment on these last posts. I have loved looking at the pictures. Can't wait to see you soon!!

Blog Archive

Contributors