Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Grandpa's visit

 A couple weeks ago my dad flew into town.  His timing was impeccable as he was here right through the thick of Sandy.  I don't know about him, but it was great for us to have him around.  I think he still enjoyed it and plus, Rachel didn't have school that whole week.  Anyway, I'll post more on Sandy later.

The first couple of days we had decent weather and went on a great bike ride along the canal path.  My dad, Jake and the kids did another bike ride Saturday morning (while I was at a dreaded Cub Scout commitment) and went through Princeton campus and over to the Princeton Battlefield.  They all had a great time and Tommy really enjoyed the cannons.
Kate's favorite things...reading stories and jumping on the air mattress
 No visit from Grandpa wouldn't be complete without a trip to Trader Joes...or two, or three...or four
 Grandpa's iPad was a saving grace during our power outage
 We had an awesome "Thanksgiving" FEAST Monday evening as the storm was raging outside and right before our power went out.  The leftovers were great to have!
 Being home bound gave us ample time to do all the fun Halloween activities we wanted to do.
 Grandpa got to see this ball of fun and spunky personality at it's finest.
 Decorating sugar cookies

When we learned that school was cancelled for a third day in a row and that trick-or-treating was postponed, we high-tailed it out of there to enjoy our Halloween in Hershey, PA for some chocolate and some warmth.
Thanks Dad for sharing with us some memories we'll never forget!!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so glad he was there with you through Sandy! What memorable experiences I'm sure you had! Looks so beautiful with all of the colors.

Colie said...

You guys have such good kids. I love how they are such good friends with each other!

The Bawden's said...

I'm glad you guys survived Sandy, looks like you guys kept yourselves pretty entertained. Thanks for letting dad go to Trader Joe's a million times so I could get my pumpkin pancake mix. I ran out and I was the saddest. Now I'll just have to butter up mom to bring me back some candy cane joe joes... Mmmm. I can't get over how much I love your kiddos and how big Kate is getting!

Herways Go West said...

An amazing story. Richard had impeccable timing. So fun and so scary at the same time but all is well that ends well. Looks like you made the very best of a hard situation.

natalie said...

WOw. What an adventure. It really must have been nice to have your dad there for it all!
I really must hear more about this dreaded Cub Scout commitment.

Blog Archive

Contributors