Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Coronado

We then headed south to visit Jake's brother and his family, who we haven't seen in a couple years.  They took us to this place.  I think it's called Point Loma.  Absolutely breathtaking!  The kids loved looking for hermit crabs...they weren't hard to find
And Jake found this starfish.  It was wild watching this thing move...very cool!!!

I found a crab too!  Ha ha, just kidding.
Heidi was super sweet and made Kate this awesome strawberry cake, which was incredibly delicious.  She took advantage of the opportunity to make a pink cake.  And Kate LOVES "strawberrs"!

 There's cousin Taft...I think he liked the cake too
 And pancakes in the morning.  Seriously, they spoiled us! 
 Even for not seeing this girl for most of her life, they know her well.  She loves dress up!
 Kate and Luke
The big boys (Jake and Seth) went for a 50 mile bike ride along the coast to Oceanside, and managed to get a ticket for not stopping at a stop sign...gotta love California!!!

4 comments:

Herways Go West said...

Oh my gosh. What good times. ST/Heidi took us to the crab heaven (Point Loma) as well. It is a heaven for kids. The starfish is cool.
Those Coronado Herways do a great job of spoiling their guests. Glad you guys could hook up, even if it was for such a short time. But you managed it, hooray.

Herways Go West said...

Oh and I like your 'crab'....cutest crab ever!

Colie said...

What a fun birthday for Miss Kate! I'm not sure if I ever spent a birthday with a cousin, but if I had I would have definitely wanted Captain America to be my cousin.

natalie said...

I wish I could have joined you in the family fun!

Blog Archive

Contributors