Thursday, September 13, 2012

Trip Out West: Part One

I found a decent price on tickets direct to Utah that were hard to pass up.  After we bought the tickets we tagged on a trip to California, with my whole family, in between.  We had one day to make the most of Utah and I think we did a pretty darn good job.  One requirement for me was to go waterskiing.  Heaven was smiling upon us with perfect weather!

 These kids' favorite part was just jumping into the lake and swimming
 Their smiles tell it all

 Kate had a rough start when she got sunscreen in her eyes, but she ended up loving it all.  She followed suit of her brother and sister...jumping in the lake, and getting on the tube with no questions asked.
 Warming her toes

 Seriously.  Look at that water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

 I didn't get a picture of my dad skiing (because I was driving) but seriously, I hope I can ski as good and hard as him when I'm 50
 My Dad and I each skied twice and would have done more if our arms and legs would have allowed!

Afterwards we went to hang out with my Grandma in Orem and had some delicious Brick Oven pizza

That evening Grandpa took the kids to the park to shoot some rockets and fly some planes, his 849th hobby :) and the kids had a great time too
 I could have just laid back and stared at those mountains all day long...how I miss them!!
Rachie had the right idea
 Another big reason we wanted to come was to meet this sweet little thing.  My niece Avery.  She is SUCH A CUTIE!!  And she is hands down the best baby I have ever seen. 
 Disneyland, here we come!!!

8 comments:

Amy said...

I 'm glad you guys had such a great time on the lake! And the water really does look incredible! I love how we benefit from Grandpa's 849 hobbies!

The Bawden's said...

No one can keep up with dad; which is one of the reasons it is so hard to buy any sort of gift for him. He's all ready got it or he's moved onto another hobby for a moment. Miss you guys!

Mortar and Pestle Mom said...

That baby looks like she could be your fourth child! Looks like a fun trip to good ol' UT!

natalie said...

That pic of tommy jumping in the lake plugging his nose is so perfect! I love it. Glad you got to ski. This post really made me want to get out on the lake!
Utah really is beautiful.

Tom and Kari Lane said...

love it!!!

La said...

I loved seeing you and your cute kids. I can't wait until next time.

Colie said...

love that shot of Katie warming her toes. Your kids are awesome in the water!

Herways Go West said...

I love the 849th hobby of your Dad's. Can't wait to see what he dreams up next. Ah, water-skiing. It's so much fun and takes so much strength!

Blog Archive

Contributors