Monday, August 27, 2012

Savoring Summer

It's true we get out of school a little later and so we still have an extra week and a half to enjoy it, but oh how I'm going to miss this!!!

Here's a little glimpse of some of the things we've been up to recently...

Lots of dress up!  My kids started getting really excited for Halloween...too excited.  I had to distract their little minds with something a little sooner.  So we told them we're going to Disneyland with my family for Labor Day weekend. 
 Grumpy old man and happy distinguished cook?

All aboard!!

 Big bubbles!
More bubbles...
  Isn't being a kid the greatest?

 We found this fun fountain to play in on campus
 We've done our last swim at our pool for the season...so sad!
 Tommy taking full advantage of having the pool all to himself!
 We had a few things left of the summer bucket list that we were able to cross off.  A big one...going to the aquarium.  The kids had an absolute blast.






 We went to our friend's lake house for a birthday party.  They had a bunch of kid fishing poles and just about every kid caught a fish, it was really exciting!




  
 One thing we were not able to get done was camping.  Rachel begged to go all summer but it was either too hot or we had plans that weekend.  Hopefully we'll find a nice weekend in September.  But until then the kids found a good replacement.
 Rachel and Tommy did a Little Gym introductory class...for fun.  They both loved it, although Rachel was looking a little worn down by the end.
 Rita's Ice!  They had some fun flavors...Sour patch kid, Root beer, and Cotton candy
 A couple trips to the beach
 And to the farm.  I love how Tommy dressed for it.  He wanted to be a real farmer.

 This one has been having a bit of a rough time lately.  Poor girl.  We took the rotten peaches out of her bucket.




6 comments:

The Bawden's said...

Oh, what I'd give to have Rita's. Looks like you have been having quite the enjoyable summer. You have the cutest kids. I absolutely love that pic of Rachel and Kate reading at the beach...so stinkin' cute!

La said...

What cute kids. I am very excited to see you guys next week!!!

natalie said...

What a fun summer you've been having! I like the Grumpy old man and happy distinguished cook. so funny!
and kate at the very back of the train. haha. what's she doing all the way back there? :)

Herways Go West said...

Is Kate reading a book on the beach with Rachel? That is a crack-up! You have had an amazing summer. I'm sorry that it is going to end.....I think your community pool is magical. I also think camping in the Fall will be tons of fun...but the backyard is much easier!

Mrs. Forrest said...

Looks like you have had a pretty great summer! I'm so impressed how much you get out with all 3 kids. Hope you all are well!

Colie said...

Love Tommy's Italia sweatshirt while strutting around Princeton & his farmer hat. I want to go for a ride in their chair-bus. So creative!!
Glad you guys are enjoying the last of the summer. I would have loved to be right there with Kate & Rachie reading a book on the beach. Which beach was it? Now that I've been to your Jersey beaches I want to visit them all!

Blog Archive

Contributors