Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cape May

 Also while my mom was in town we took a weekend trip to beautiful Cape May.  We really lucked out with weather...a little chilly the first day and a thunderstorm that night, but otherwise great!  Cape May is a quaint little town with cute Victorian houses and they have a cute "mall" car-free street with lots of fun shops and restaurants.  And of course there's the beautiful beach!
A little hesitant at first about sitting in the sand.  This girl quickly learned to LOVE the beach!
The pool was freezing

Movie night

We all enjoyed our balcony overlooking the ocean

Trip to the lighthouse

From the top

Did you know??  You have to pay to get on the Jersey Shore beaches!!!  Insane right?

Can I get a smile?

I should have known and brought some of her chapter books

First time!

A quick rest

Bubbles!

So still, yet still no nap

Mmm...lemonade

Bike ride through town

The colors are so fun!

Wouldn't it be great if we could all transport this way?

Either it was too cold or she was feeling a little under the weather, but she wasn't too happy with the beach at first.  I was so glad she eventually got to enjoy it.

There's that smile!

Tommy wanted to move into our beach house and live there forever.  Not a bad idea...except the 2 hour commute.

Goodbye beach for now, we'll come visit again soon!

5 comments:

natalie said...

The beach is the best family vacation destination ever! You have to pay to get on certain beaches in TX too (but not most). Looks like a cute town. Love the pic of Rachel reading at the beach. I love to do that too.

La said...

I love that picture of Rach jumping the waves. Awesome.

Amy said...

It looks so wonderful! I love the beach. Kids could play for hours...it is so fun. I totally bought that pineapple swimsuit for Sophs. I couldn't pass it up cause it is just too adorable. Now her and Kate can be twinners on the cruise.

Maria said...

What fun! Reminds me of our Charleston trip!

Colie said...

I agree: relocate to the beach. A helicopter will make for a faster commute. They're only $150,000 & I'm sure TomTom would love to be your chauffeur. :)
PS - LOVE the colors on the houses & the charming architecture.

Blog Archive

Contributors