Saturday, November 5, 2011

This is Halloween

Phew, what a holiday! I really love it! But probably not as much as my kids.
Introducing...Pirate Tom (There were too many accessories with these costumes and it was hard to keep them all together. I couldn't find his eye patch)
The Rach. The witch!
This was the trick-or-treating at Daddy's work (the first opportunity of many to dress up and get candy)
On Saturday we got this "fun" surprise
Rachel's first piano recital. She said she was a little bit nervous. But she did great! She was super cute.
What a great audience
After a few hours there was enough to build a good size snowman. I'm putting this picture because you can see how wet the snow was. It was FREEZING but Tommy didn't care in the slightest, he was the most giddy little boy I've ever seen.

Our "cancelled" trunk-or-treat
She wants to be just like her big sister. So cute.
I love how Tommy's watching everybody do the dirty work

Some more work on the snowman
Popcorn from the cob. Remember when we picked these off the stalk from the farm a few weeks ago? The instructions were to place the cob in a paper bag and fold it so that it stands up. Then put in the microwave till the popping slows down. SO COOL.
Rachel's school parade. I love my little girl...and how much she still loves me.
Happy Halloween!
Sugar cookies!
Awesome.
Excited for trick-or-treating.
Give me your best "Aaaarrrrrrgh"

We didn't last more than a dozen houses. It was COLD. Rachel tripped and hit her hands on the cold ground. While I was trying to console her I didn't realize that her shoes had fallen off and she was standing on the cold ground. We didn't last much longer after that. She went straight home and went to bed feverish. Poor Rach.

Lovin' the loot the next morning.
I was pretty bummed that Jake had to be out of town for business. But it ended up being a good Halloween to miss. It worked out well to have my dad in town.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I absolutely love the witch costumes! I may have to steal that idea next year for my girls.

Your Halloween looked fun... except for the snow... although I am sure the kids loved it.

I was going to mention how a few posts back it showed your living in the pictures. The layout looks so much like your house in Charlotte I had to do a double take. Do you guys love it there?

Amy said...

OH so many things to say! First Tommy in that pirate costume is to die for. And his pure joy at the snow falling is wonderful! The 2 witch girls are so cute. And the fact that you take time to dress up yourselves is pretty impressive. I love that Rachie still loves to see you. And what is it with all of the trick or treating opportunities. We have more candy than we possible know what to do with. Looks like you had so much fun.

Herways Go West said...

I also love the family picture with everyone in costume. What a great shot! Sad about the bare feet (Rach's) on the cold cement! Ugh.
What I never realized is how much those that give out candy love to hear their doorbell ring! I bet the lady loved seeing your kids at her door.
It was great to skype this morning!

natalie said...

We love this post! So fun. I have one request because right now my kids are fighting each other to see the pictures better. Can you post your images as large or xlarge so we can see your cute kids better? If you don't know how, you just click on the image after you add it and you'll see something pop up with the size options.

La said...

I think you and I feel the same way about Halloween. :) I love seeing the kids in costume. Now. . . on to Thanksgiving. :)

Colie said...

I totally understand the love of Halloween: dress up & eat candy. Beautiful.
Now, add 20 years & it's not so fun when you realize it's not worth the $$ to buy a costume, you don't have the time to make one, and you know what calories mean.

Blog Archive

Contributors