Saturday, November 26, 2011

Getaway

While my mom was in town Jake and I planned a little getaway to the Poconos. We have to take advantage of these times when I'm not nursing or pregnant. It was quick but just enough.

A nice evening walk along the Delaware River.
Jake wanted to be like Philippe Petit (the tight rope walker that walked between the two towers...if you haven't seen the documentary, you should...it's crazy) It doesn't look that high up, but Jake said it was a good 20 feet. Our lovely bed and breakfast. I took way too much time researching these things. Procrastination and indecision are some of my weaknesses.
Jake was in charge of the rental car. This is what we got. Supposedly he got it for only $10 a day. It's got amazing gas mileage too. Jake probably had a little too much fun with this on the country roads. I'm grateful I'm still alive!Unfortunately most of the leaves had fallen but we still got some fun color.
We went to a place called Bushkill Falls. Supposedly it's the Niagra of Pennsylvania. Great hiking and scenery!
This was scary!



After the falls we drove up to a town called Milford, which was really cute. We ate some soup and baguettes at a Pattiserie and took a little walk down the main street. We see a sign on a house and it reminded me that I had seen something about the "Lincoln Flag" in my research. There it was, inside...the flag that was hanging in front of Lincoln at the theatre and used to prop his head after he was shot. Very cool!This is a place called Grey Towers, home of a former PA governor. Amazing view and home, my favorite thing being their outside dining was a table of water. They would pass their food on little boats. I totally want one one day.
Our bed and breakfasts were both amazing.This one even had a waterfall and hot tub in the backyard!As I tell Jake on every date night, "it's been a while, huh? We definitely don't do enough of these!"

6 comments:

La said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
natalie said...

Looks beautiful! Love all the history too. What a fun place to live/explore.

Hodnett Family said...

Ah! Looks perfect!

Herways Go West said...

Jake! Scary that he crossed on that old log. Love that cute rental car for only $10/day. So fun...and I'm glad you are alive too!
Did the kids have a blast with g-ma?

Amy said...

Looks so lovely. And it must have been fun to get away. We still have never left the kiddos unless its been in the hospital which I don't think really counts! How fun!

Colie said...

The Mini C! That's my dream car...ah...

Glad you guys got a vacation, but I'm even MORE glad that a Mini Cooper was involved. :)

Blog Archive

Contributors