Friday, September 9, 2011

Kate is ONE

So hard to believe! In some ways that year flew by, in other ways it did not. Katelyn has been the best baby EVER! And I'm sad the baby phase is ending but she is getting so fun too. We celebrated a day early since we had Grammie, Pop, and Uncle Steve with us. So I threw this all together in a day, but it was a breeze since I had helping hands to take the kids to the mall and the pool. Wish I could take more advantage of that.

My kids have all been particular about the sticky frosting. I really like Kate's way of handling it.
This picture make me think of my baby pictures.
All of Katelyn's presents were opened in 10 seconds flat due to some eager helping hands.
All her toys were a big hit. Rachel was proud that she also liked the toy she picked out.

And the big kids are enjoying the baby toys as much as if they got them for their birthdays.
And, one of my favorite presents of all...balloons! Pure joy. As far as stats go, I don't know. I'm still in the process of researching doctors and transferring medical records so that I can make an appointment. But I can tell you that she has started to crawl, but still prefers her speedy army crawl. She loves to wave bye and blow kisses. She loves her brother and sister. Any time they sing, she'll try to jump right in. She's my best sleeper yet! Now that she has her own room we are finding that she can sleep in till 9! She's starting to mimic now. Last night at the dinner table she folded her arms, bowed her head and mumbled a little prayer. It brought us all to tears laughing. She is so cute and I am just so in love with her!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

She is seriously so adorable. I am sad I have never got to meet her. She looks a lot like your side of the family I think, but still resembles your other kids too.

I am glad she is a good sleeper for you and yay to her finally having her own room. What a wonderful birthday present to her.

I kind of think you guys need to do a Charlotte trip.. wink wink...

Amy said...

She is the cutest! Seriously. I can't believe that she will sleep in until 9. That is crazy & miraculous!

La said...

Kate is great. I love that last picture of her. What a beautiful, sweet baby!

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

Happy Birthday Kate! What a fun birthday. I can't believe she is one. Those pictures of her are great! Love and miss you all!

Colie said...

I'm Kate-Trunky.
Happy Birthday, Miss Kate!

natalie said...

There are some great pictures here. She is so cute. Love her licking the cake and that one pic does look like you!

Abby said...

So cute!! Congrats on the move and new big house! :) I want a good sleeper baby! ;) Hope you guys are well.

Blog Archive

Contributors