Sunday, September 11, 2011

Back to School

So, here's my little girl headed off to first grade. I considered having her do Kindergarten again for a little bit, since the deadline here is September and she will be the youngest in her class. But after talking to her former teacher and Kindergarten only being half day here, it didn't seem right. I do however feel a little jipped on a year and a half of her life. I would have loved half day Kindergarten.
Sending her off on the bus her first day of school was SO hard!!!!!!!!!!! Not knowing exactly where the bus was going...I've only been to the school once and got really lost. And not knowing who was going to be taking care of my daughter...I still have never met or seen her teacher. I miss taking her and dropping her off in her classroom. I can't wait for Back to School night. Hopefully I'll feel a little more connected after that. But I'll still hate the bus.
The report when we picked her up was, "It was the best!" She was also proud to tell us, "I talked to people...I wasn't even shy." She met a few friends...Justin, Jasmine, and Tiana. She thinks it's pretty cool to have two princess names in her class. The rest of the week went well, although she was definitely wearing out by Friday. She's also excited to have "computers" as a subject.
Does anybody else feel like that was the SHORTEST SUMMER EVER!!! It seems like fall came overnight. I'm not ready for winter! I know it's not here yet, but the cooler temperatures have me nervous already.

4 comments:

La said...

Rachie is so dang cute. I am proud of her for not being shy! What a cute girl.
I can understand the bus anxiety thing. That is hard. I am sure in a few months the bus will be much easier. At least when it's snowy you won't have to venture out with three kids.

Colie said...

Agree - shortest summer ever.
I think Rachie could be in 7th grade if she really wanted to because she's so smart, so I'm sure 1st grade will be a breeze.

natalie said...

1st grade! Wow. I can't believe it. I'm glad she's liking it.

Amy said...

She can't possibly be in 1st grade!? She will be getting baptized like tomorrow at this rate. She is wonderful and we sure love her!

Blog Archive

Contributors