Monday, September 19, 2011

Apple Day

Have I mentioned how much I love all the farms around here?! Well, Saturday we went to visit one just a 20 minute drive away. It was Apple Day, and they had all kinds of treats and activities.

We started off in the corn maze. Rachel was our super confident leader out of this thing.Tractor heaven! Tons of ride on tractor toys. All the kids loved it and we spent a good amount of time here.

Herman Parish, author of the newer Amelia Bedelia's books. He's the nephew to Peggy Parish, author of the original books (which I think are better, shh...don't tell Herman). Anyway, can you believe it? He lives in Princeton! I had to buy a book and have him sign it. Rachel thought it was pretty cool to meet an author!
Katelyn was loving this! She's so good at waving "hi"

Tommy got really into the apple picking! I got busy taking pictures and forgot to keep track of how many they picked. I ended up having to buy $30 worth of apples! Whoops! Let's just say I'll be making lots of applesauce this week.
Wagon ride around the farm.
The kids had a blast! We'll definitely be going back.

8 comments:

La said...

I love Tommy's face on the little tractor. He looks like he is going super fast!
I just love fall. . .

Abbie said...

Can we come with you when you go back? :)

natalie said...

We just checked out some Amelia Bedilia books from the library and they were by him. They were so funny... had me laughing out loud. How fun to meet him!
So nice that the farm is only 20 min away. People say that farms around here are close, but the good ones are more like 40-60 minutes.

Colie said...

I love how green everything is! I bet New England in the fall is heaven.

Mrs. Forrest said...

such a change from the city! we will have to plan a visit out to visit the 'country' where you apparently now live!

Patrick Rich said...

I wish we had an apple orchard near Salt Lake!

akdoxey said...

Which farm is that, how fun? I think I need to put that on my list for next year, looks so fun!

We should meet up sometime! There's this great pumpkin show we go to...maybe there!

Herways Go West said...

It's been ages since I have commented on your blog. I loved every post! Super glad that we have seen your fabulous townhouse/neighborhood/pool/Princeton. It was a blast to be there for Kate's first birthday. I think you are going to be very happy there. Rachel in first grade is hard to swallow, as we all say, where has the time gone? Meeting that author had to have been a perfect treat for her. How great! Can't wait to come again....thanks for everything! (You get an extra good mark for hosting your in-laws on the second day in your new house! )

Blog Archive

Contributors