Monday, August 1, 2011

The rest of Utah

My camera broke toward the end of my trip, so I didn't take as many pictures and those I did were with my phone...

We wanted to do some camping (we've all been itching to go) but it never worked out so we settled for s'mores in the backyard.
Jake didn't get on the first flight he tried to do standby on, so we lucked out and got to have him for an extra day. We did a small hike not far from my house to Bell Canyon reservoir. We LOVED the fresh air and the gorgeous view and sunset.
Rachel had a lot of fun putting up a Barbie show
Our last weekend we spent a few nights in Park City and enjoyed shopping at the outlets, boating, the alpine slide and coaster, playing games and watching movies. What's funny is that I tried to fight hard against watching high action/intense movies because I have a hard time falling asleep afterwards, but I lost the battle and then I was the only one who stayed awake for them.
The new coaster (of course, I don't know how new it is...I haven't been to Park City in like 10 years) was an absolute riot. Rachel says she went as fast as they could go.

The kids had a blast doing the trampoline thing. Tommy surprised me with how high he got jumping.
And Rachel surprised me by doing 2 flips! I wasn't expecting it at all.
Our last couple of days we got to hang out with the Draper Herways. Rachel and Scarlet play so great together and I had a great time talking with my sister-in-law Lara. Thanks for having us!
I'm done now! It only took a whole month to blog this trip :)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow! You guys did A LOT in Utah! Sad we don't get to see you this summer...maybe winter time?! Your kids are getting so big!

Herways Go West said...

Oh man, I mad I missed the Barbie show! And that sunset is to die for. Gorgeous! I'm with Heidi, wish you were coming, but knowing what we do now, it would have been an awful time to not be at home! You would have just been stressed out.

La said...

I miss you guys.

Blog Archive

Contributors