Sunday, August 21, 2011

Coming to an end?

Is summer really almost over??? I just can't believe it. I still feel like it just began! I'm not ready to send Rachel back to school, or for colder weather. I am ready to move. We've officially lived through 3 NYC summers. Crazy huh? We've just been anticipating this move for about 5 months now. It's about time we just did it. I'm ready for more space, access to a backyard, laundry machines, every day conveniences...but still, it is sad to see this chapter of our lives come to an end.Check out my new vacuum! Our townhouse in Princeton has carpet. I'm really looking forward to it.
And my new mop! This girl is an amazing army crawler. Just look at her shirt. So gross!
You would think this means she is crawling? Nope! Still doesn't like her knees really and hates standing.
I'm realizing that her baby phase is quickly coming to an end. She'll be turning 1 in just 2 weeks. She's got her first tooth, and even saying a few words, "bye bye" "uh-oh" "mama" "dada". Speaking of, she's also turning into a daddy's girl! I'm 0 for 3 :) I love how she follows him around the apartment when he gets home from work and then how she clings and cries as I pry her from him to go to bed. Anyway, here's a little video of her animal-like crawling.

Play date with our friend Merrick
Check out this amazing NYC themed birthday party at a park overlooking the Statue of Liberty. Loved it, I just had to share.

We headed out to Lake Hopatcong last weekend for our friends birthday party.

The fabulous first graders!
Nice ride eh?
We're going to miss this family of friends. Of course this lake is only an hour away from Princeton too.
The last thing on my bucket list of things to do in New York City was to go back to Stardust Diner, but this time to see our friend Ryan sing. It was such a fun night! The kids loved it! Rachel got a little embarrassed when Ryan sat down and sang to her. Tommy thought it was loud but in the end they were totally into it. Even Katelyn was bouncing up and down!

I hope he forgives me, he told me not to put any pictures on the blog. He was fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!
And finally, we finished up swimming lessons. I did a semi-private class and Rachel and Tommy loved doing it together. They thought their teacher Benny was so funny. Rachel improved quite a bit and is so proud of her new skills. Tommy was all smiles the entire time! He has loved kicking in the water since birth.





6 comments:

Herways Go West said...

This is a GREAT post...so much stuff...
Ryan's performance I would love to see! Swimming lessons look great. Super birthday parties and fun with friends. Wow
BUT...Kate 'crawling' is hilarious. She really is just a mop! And quick! At the end when she changes from her tummy to sitting via the 'chinese splits' ...Oh, to be so limber! I love her tongue too.
Can't wait to see this in real life. I wonder if she will resort to her knees when you have more carpet than wood floors?
Oh, and how did you decide on your new vac cleaner...so many choices.

Colie said...

LOVE Kate's crawling. She is soooo flexible & I just love her chunky-and-yet-somehow-dainty thighs. Such a cute girl!
Also, Ryan sings at Stardust? I should have gone when I was there in March!

natalie said...

Soooo sad you are leaving NYC before we got to come visit you there. :( Moving is so hard... even when you want it. I can't wait to hear all about Princeton. I recently met a guy in our ward that moved here from Princeton, and he had lots of good things to say.
The bday party is so cute! Who comes up with these ideas? not me!
Is this a permanent job for Ryan? (I mean until he becomes world famous of course?)

La said...

Cute video of baby Kate. I am sure she will be walking before I see her but I just wish she would come "mop" my floor. :) I hope that NJ is everything you guys are looking for and more! I can't wait to see your new digs. Good Luck!

Amy said...

So cute! That Statue of Liberty party is adorable. Can't believe the girlies are turning one and Rachel is in first grade! How is the car shopping going? So happy for you to have more space even if it means leaving that great city behind!

Tim and Cindy Larsen said...

Of course you know how we love ryan...tell him hi for me if u see him
Again! Good luck with tge move!

Blog Archive

Contributors