Tuesday, June 28, 2011

NYC Saturdays

Our weekends aren't typically preplanned. Last minute we decided to check out a new section of the High Line (an old elevated subway rail that has been turned into a park) that just opened up. At the end there was Rainbow City, a giant inflatable place for anyone wanting to bounce and play. We had a birthday party at Chelsea Piers not too far away. On our walk over there we ran into a Trapeze School, stopped to watch a bit and then a car dealership. But, not just any dealership. Jake says he's never seen a Lamboughini, so we stopped in. Kind of funny trekking in with 3 kids, hot and sweaty and looking at sale prices advertised for $16,000 a month. We were early for the party so we took a ride on the carousel on the pier, and then bowling for the party. And to top it all off we went to Shake Shack for dinner. We came home exhausted, the kids slept well.










And now it's officially summer for us. Rachel just finished her last day of school today and we're on our way (in a couple hours) to Utah to. I can't wait to do the Fourth of July out there. It's been something I've been wanting to do for years.

10 comments:

La said...

I am excited to see you guys. Have a great 4th!

Anna-Lisa said...

That's the coolest Saturday EVER! I can't wait until my Saturdays become....fun again!

Tom and Kari Lane said...

Yeah!! Call me when you get here. Good luck traveling with three!!

Heidi said...

That rainbow place looks SO cool!

Herways Go West said...

I think you guys should get a Lamborghini....you look so natural in front of them!
I like the picture of the reflection of the blow-up fun city in your sunglasses. Cool!
I bet you all slept well that night.
Have fun in Utah!

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

Wow, sweet Lambos too!

natalie said...

Loooove the sunglasses shot. Very creative of you. :)

Colie said...

I LOVE the sunglasses shot. Love love love it. I have a feeling Tommy is going to have a Lamborghini some day - check out his face in that shot!

kwh said...

Love all the pictures - how awesome to find so many unplanned things to do! How soon are you guys moving?

Allison and Noah Riley said...

I love the picture of the balloon city reflected in your glasses :). Fun day!

Blog Archive

Contributors