Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Oh the humidity!
Grocery shopping
Mmmmm...summer fruits!
Singing at the park
Last week we had a couple days that reached 100 degrees. By the weekend we were back in sweaters.

The other night I went for a run along the river. The sun was setting and I saw a guy rollerblading around ikea cups, a man practicing his saxophone on a park bench...there was just so much life! I got a little teary eyed and thought, "I'm going to miss it." 3 months ago I would have said good riddance to this city but right now I am loving it! (The weather really does make or break this place). I've even gotten used to living in a small space and right now it's working really well. I guess that's how it works right? Can't sit comfortably for too long...the curve ball is coming.

8 comments:

Maria said...

Reminds me of a commercial here in Boston: "You know you are a New Englander if every March you wonder why the he** you live here and every September you swear you will never leave." Winter is so hard in the northeast. I am glad you are getting in some good times before you leave.

Herways Go West said...

I love that....the curve ball is coming! What a great attitude. It's true, you have to love the moment b/c it is all too soon just a memory. What great memories though...ones you will forever talk about in your old age!
And to Maria....Love that quote!

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

Your run sounds awesome.

Amy said...

Tommy's curls are adorable! I can't believe you've been so hot. Perhaps you'll bring that heat with you here since it is supposed to dip into the mid 60s again this weekend. So strange! Love you guys.

Melissa said...

I am starting to get really sad leaving Charlotte too. I can't believe we will be gone in a year. But, I love experiencing new cities and all that this country has to offer in different areas. I appreciate all of it.

I will say though, once that sweet baby girl of yours starts walking, you will probably like having a little more space. My hands are definitely full and Nat is super busy these days.

I love seeing all your kids together, so cute!

ps... what did you end up getting for your b-day??

Tom and Kari Lane said...

love his curls!!

natalie said...

LOVE tommy's curls. I would totally style his hair that way on purpose.
I am sad that we didn't get to visit you in new york. It went by so fast (for me :)

Colie said...

This is why we should all live in California...

Blog Archive

Contributors