Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Happy Birthday

Friday night Jake and Tommy went on their first Father and Sons camping trip. Tommy LOVED it. At least that's what I was told. They woke them up at 5:30 on Saturday morning for games. Yikes!Rachel was indeed jealous, so I tried to make the night fun for us girls...library movie (The Great Mouse Detective), dollar candy from the drug store, and popcorn. I think she liked it.The next morning she treated me well! She told me she would do all the "hard work" for me. She cleaned up, made breakfast, and made me a gift. She sure knows how to make a birthday girl feel special! It was so great to have that one on one time with her.
For the rest of my birthday we went to Shake Shack (of course), golfing on the pier (I happy to say that I am still undefeated since our first mini golf game 10 years ago) and out to eat at a delicious German restaurant (imagining that we were really there :)

7 comments:

La said...

Happy Birthday Mel!

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

Fun times. Tommy looks grown up in the second picture. We need to see you more often! :) Rachel is a great daughter! What a fun night and morning for your birthday! I love the Great Mouse Detective and I haven't seen it in forever! And again "Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, Happy Happy Birthday to you!" Love you all!

Herways Go West said...

Awww. You guys are cute. Glad you had fun in Germany.....well, at least eating the delicious food. And the shake shack! I gotta try that one.
Seriously, you always win at miniature golf??? That is awesome!

Amy said...

Rachel is so nice. I can't even believe what a delight she is. Glad you got to have a little getaway for your bday. Jake should play me in mini-golf cause I ALWAYS lose. He could be a winner for once :o)

Colie said...

Happy Birthday Mel! I think Rachie should be a professional birthday celebrater because she did such a good job. And way to defend your golfing title!

Tom and Kari Lane said...

happy belated birthday!

Patrick Rich said...

Mel - Happy B-day....I really meant to call and sing you the birthday song...and it just slipped my mind, it's on the 4th right. Maybe that's why I didn't call, I wasn't sure! Sorry. Oh, guess who I saw on Friday night - Misti! She wasn't my nurse but she was walking down the hall at Alta View while I was walking to the nursery. It was fun to see her again!

Blog Archive

Contributors