Friday, November 12, 2010

A Rare Roadtrip

My dad came in town last weekend for a visit. Jake took off work and Rachel skipped school so we could head upstate for a little weekend getaway.

First time in car seats in 4 months. The picture doesn't show it but they were pretty excited. Tommy really enjoyed going fast.They kept themselves well entertained too.
A quick stop on the way at the cloisters.First stop, the town of Sleepy Hollow. I grew up watching the cartoon Ichabod every Halloween with my dad so it was fun to do this with him.Washington Irving's homeLyndhurst castle...or something like thatStonebarn Farm. We barely missed their egg collecting, which I think would have been a lot of fun. And we wanted to eat at the restaurant that uses all their ingredients from the farm but it was too fancy. Plus handling kids over a four course meal would have been a bit of a challenge. We still had a great time. Here they are running with the chickens.The next day, after some fun in the hotel pool we went to Cold Spring, a historic village on a fjord, just across the river from West Point.

It was so nice to get away from the city for a couple of days, a beautiful time of year to do it too. I loved driving on the country roads with the leaves falling. It was like a breath of fresh air.

3 comments:

La said...

I love that last picture of Rach with the leaf. I am so glad you were able to get away for a breath of fresh air. The pictures look amazing. I have always wanted to visit New England in the fall. Charming.

Heidi said...

Looks beautiful. What a fun corner of the country to get to know!

Colie said...

Tommy is quite the little entertainer! It looks like a beautiful & historically rich area. I want to visit too!

Blog Archive

Contributors