Monday, November 22, 2010

Oh, these kids

Right now I'm experiencing a rare treat of having both kids asleep. Why am I not napping? Well, it seems my kids have radars and will wake up as soon as my head hits a pillow. So instead, let me tell you about them.

Katelyn
Getting SO big! She had her 2 month check up today (a few weeks late, I know...long story) but she is now 11 pounds 14 ounces and 23 inches tall. I have gotten a lot of comments from everyone about how big she is getting.

I love the one little dimple she has on her left cheekKatelyn's a bit of a cat napper (no surprise, all my babies are) but she takes some really good naps (3-4 hours) in the carrier. So I get to see this sweet little face a lot.I've been wanting to capture her blue eyes because I think they are so beautiful. I hope they stay but the probability is not in our favor.
She's been giving me some rough nights lately, but we finally got a good one last night. Too bad the doctor said that her shots may ruin her sleeping a little bit.The Tom Bom
This kid is going forwards and backwards. The big news is we're all aboard the "potty train." We've been putting the idea of it in his head without any force for the past few months and one day he decided to do it. Maybe the suckers were better motivation than the M&M's, who knows? For the past 4 or 5 days now, no wet accidents...although we still have yet to master #2.And in going backwards...we have put him back in the crib (pack n play) for naps. He is being pretty strong-willed against them lately.

He's such a character and can really make us laugh. He loves his big sister and it's pretty funny to see the things he picks up and copies from her.

He is big into Toy Story right now and we watch it (the first one) everyday. I think I have the whole movie memorized!

Rachel
She may not have homework, but I think she kind of wishes she did. This is where you will find her every day after school. Coloring pictures, making cards, writing stories, etc. I love it!This is a little picture from a movie night we had about a week ago...Sound of Music. Rachel says it's her new favorite!
Well, now it's time to wake them all up and go pick her up!

8 comments:

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

Love those kiddos!I can't wait to meet Katelyn she is adorable. Tommy's picture is hilarious. He seems to be proud in his new big boy undies :) How nice to have him potty trained. Rachel is going to be a smarty! Love you all! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Melissa said...

Well, I have to say Katelyn's eyes sure look pretty blue to me.. I would think they would stay that way. That would be cool. She looks a lot like Rachel.

Yeah for Tommy! These transitions for these 2 year olds are rather difficult wouldn't you say?

Dylan is very similar to Rachel. The second he gets home from school he wants to write letters.

Herways Go West said...

Oh Mel, thanks for giving up your sleep to make this post! Can't believe we haven't met Kate yet, but very soon! And the pictures definitely help. She looks every bit a Grossen/Herway kid and fits in perfectly. One day we will have to ask your kids what they have against sleep!
Potty training. Ugh. But worth it. Keep up your courage! Hopefully Buzz Lightyear will do the trick.
Rach. Studies just to study. It is going to be fun to see what she does with all of her smarts.

La said...

Brauer is loving Buzz and Woody right now, too. I think they both have the same green underpants. I don't love potty training but I must admit it is nice to have everyone in the house using the potty. (and B was my easiest kid to train so far. keep your fingers crossed.) It makes my work a little less messy. :)
Kate is so beautiful! I can't wait to meet her. I kinda think she looks like Rach too but I also think she has her own look going on. I guess I will have to wait to meet her in person.
Thanks for the update!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much Katelyn looks like Tommy and Rachel.

The other day, my girls were talking about Rachel. Layne said, "Rachel loved to say "Hello, oh well, goodbye" and "kook". We sure are missing you in Charlotte

Amy said...

We have little twinner girls going on and I love it! They are almost identical in size! Tommy is awesome and I hope Jack jumps on the potty train sometime. Although I have done nothing to encourage it really. The Sound of Music is the best movie ever...Rachie is right!

natalie said...

Love that dimple! Tommy looks so cute in his undies.
Bryn saw Jake and knew it was my brother. :) yay!

Colie said...

Kate is such a pretty baby! You know everyone is going to be fighting over her this Christmas, right? Just a heads up. :) I have a feeling Tommy, Rachie, Bryn, & Isa will be off in their own little cousin world. Only one more month!

Blog Archive

Contributors