Thursday, October 14, 2010

Random

Tommy and "Guckie" as he likes to call her (I have no idea where that nickname came from)
Fall pants...I mean leaves
Three's not a crowd!
Last week (I think) was Curriculum Night at Rachel's school. It was so fun to get to know her teacher a little better and see the activities they do and things they're learning. It has Rachel written all over it...she's really loving it! This is a little drawing up on one of the wall in her classroom. It says, "This is my very good dream last night. A carousel took me round and round. I didn't know, I was just at home sleeping"
This girl is getting so big! She's sure cutsie, but making me tired! We've had a few really rough nights...today I put cumin on my toast instead of cinnamon sugar. How's that for sleep deprivation.
I can't get enough of this kid!
When we hear the word "free" we go running. Last weekend Citi employees were allowed to go to the Bronx Zoo for free. A fabulous zoo! We saw some neat things. A Polar Bear throwing a ball up in the air and two bears wrestling. Tommy's favorite were the Giraffes. Rachel's favorite was the playground we found just outside the zoo on the way home.
Along for the ride...
Watching the bears
We saw a 4D Dora movie...a little too dimensional for Rachel
One morning the kids woke up and wanted to play dress up...they are super heroes.
Rachel had school off on Monday, Columbus Day. Jake was really sad he didn't have it off too, so we met him at the park for a picnic lunch.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Love the super hero shot! So cute. Those same pants do the exact same thing on Jack...can't keep them up. And our little lady has been giving us a run for our money recently at night too. Not my favorite! How is cumin on toast, by the way?

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

Free stuff is the best! Those kids are so cute. I have the cutest nieces and nephews! Love you all!

Heidi said...

A free day at the zoo?! That's awesome. I hope you get a good night's rest soon, cumin toast cannot be good.

natalie said...

Wow I am impressed that you put all three of them in the bath together. They probably loved it!
I like the smiley picture of Kate in her stroller at the zoo and the superhero one. Bryn & Isabel will get along great with them... Bryn is SO excited to be batgirl for halloween.

Herways Go West said...

Mel. The amazing Mel. When do you have time to take photos, much less post them. But I'm so glad you do b/c they really say it all....fun, crazy family you have there! I miss them all. And can't wait to get my hands on Kate!
Yea, stay away from Cumin. Yuck. Truly you are sleep deprived!

La said...

Great pictures. I love your blog. Kate is darling. I love Tommy's haircut, he looks a lot like Jake in that first picture. And Rach is very grown up. What a great big sister.

Colie said...

Fun! I bet NY is beautiful right now. I loved Rachie's drawing - she even drew her blanket wrapped tightly around her. The bathtub shot made me laugh too - three peas in a pod. Love you guys!

Blog Archive

Contributors