Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Festival, Fire Museum, Fall and Fun

I think I've already said it, but Rachel is loving school. A couple Saturdays ago she got real nervous and said, "Are we late for school?" (she's always worried about being late) "No, Rachel it's Saturday" "Ah, but school is so fun!" This is a note she made for her teacher this week that I thought was too cute!
We went to the playground earlier this week (as well as half her class) and it was fun to see her play with all her friends.

Tommy has been getting creative with his time spent inside, squeezing into some tight places...

Or maybe he just wants to be little again. I pulled this toy out from the "attic" (kids closet) because Katelyn has started noticing and taking interest in what's around her. It's become Tommy's new favorite toy too.Just a cute pictureLast Friday we had a Birthday/Halloween party and we were asked to bring our scariest Halloween treat. I made these brownie spiders with the leftover licorice from the Hello Kitty cupcakes. I've always wanted to take a cake decorating class, can you tell?
PJ time!
We've had some GREAT temperatures the past few days but last weekend was awful. It may have only been low 50s and I may be a wimp but the wind really does make it unbearable! I know...I'm in big trouble. Here's Kate all bundled last Saturday all ready for a day at a Citi festival that Jake was volunteering at.
It was called a Global Community event and I think it was to celebrate their support to the veterans. The event had pumpkin decorating, face painting, blow up obstacle courses, free hot chocolate, candy corn, cotton candy, popcorn, hot dogs...a kids dream come true.


Jake was in charge of the Boot Camp
On our way home we stopped by the Fire Museum. The kids loved it...the old fashion trucks and the dress up. The 9-11 memorial was really neat.
Yesterday Jake took the day off of work. He didn't get any days off when Katelyn was born so he's taking some intermittently to help out around the house. He was really excited about the day...he started laundry at 7am. He took Rachel to school, went to the post office, grocery shopping, he swept, mopped, hung pictures, and even let me get out of the house for a few hours (without kids) to go buy a new shirt. It was a great day. After school we decided to take advantage of an afternoon with the whole family and the beautiful weather by going to Central Park. Living in the city we definitely aren't experiencing fall like we're used to. It was great to see some color and to just smell the fall air. We are grateful however that we don't have to rake this year :)

8 comments:

La said...

WOW. Okay Rach is so cute and smart and funny. What a great big sis. She reminds me of Daph. (I think that is the nicest compliment I can give anyone.)
Tommy is makes me smile. I can't wait to see him and Brauer get into some trouble together.
And Kate. Well, I'd sure love to snuggle that cute little baby girl!!!
I am glad you guys are doing so great. You totally deserve it.

Anna-Lisa said...

You guys always seem to find just great things to do. Good for you!

Heidi said...

You guys sure keep busy! How nice of Jake to take time off work to do all the "mom" stuff! And double nice that you got to go shopping ALL BY YOURSELF!! Your kids are so stinking adorable too. I love the one of Tommy in the entertainment center!

Amy said...

I LOVE Rachie's note. It is adorable. Kate is getting big and Tommy is all boy just like my Jack Jack. Central Park in Fall...that is lucky!

natalie said...

I love that picture of Tommy in with the DVDs. That is hilarious! You have such cute kids. I can't wait to see them.

Herways Go West said...

We have thought about you guys a couple of times wondering if you were loving the leaves without having to rake! The colors are beautiful. Your cupcakes are very creative. And I'm glad Rach loves school. And Tommy is limber! Sign him up for gymnastics. Glad Jake could take a day to help out. Funny he was up early to do laundry :)
Kate growing too FAST!

Colie said...

Jake is such a good dad & husband! (You're a great mom & wife ... so that helps!) I love the fall colors! It's great that you all can play in the leaves & not have to rake them. :)

Colie said...

PS - Tommy cracks me up. His thought process: "Hmmm ... that cupboard looks about my size ..."

Blog Archive

Contributors