Thursday, May 13, 2010

A "Fairy Tale" Ending

Today was my last day teaching preschool...and probably my favorite day all year. It was all about fairy tales...namely Goldilocks and the Three Bears, The Three Little Pigs and The Gingerbread Man.

We reenacted Goldilocks...here are the bears eating their hot porridge. I made real porridge too. (My kids much prefer oatmeal over cream of wheat and I had to get rid of it. Sadly none of them even tried it to test the temperature)
"This chair is too hard"
"Somebody has been sleeping in my bed!"
"...there she is!"
It took them a while to get into it but once the got it, they really took over and knew what to say.

We decorated a gingerbread man before lunch time and "put it in the oven." After lunch when we went to go check on it...he was gone! Curiosity and a little bit of fear came in their eyes when they realized he "came alive" and ran away. We searched all through the house following the "notes" that said, "run run as fast as you can, can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread man" followed by a clue of where he might have gone. They LOVED it!
We found him! Dylan says, "That was naughty of him to run away!" Rachel says, "I hope this gingerbread man doesn't run out of my hands!"
The Gingerbread Man may be fast, but not as fast as how fast they devoured it...

For our craft we made puppets for the Three Little Pigs. I performed a simple "puppet show" for them while they ate their lunch and they got such a kick out of it. I think they've got it down. "open up, open up, let me in...not by the hair of my chinny chin chin...I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in!...who's afraid of the big bad wolf."
All day Tommy has been saying, "Woof, a door...scary."
It was such a FUN day!!! I'm hoping it'll be one they never forget :)

13 comments:

Melissa said...

I LOVED the fairy tale theme today! I didn't even look in Dylan's bag til this afternoon and loved the arts and crafts. Thanks for doing such a great job with it and I love the pictures. Can't wait to see the rest of them.

By the way, Rachel looks so tan already.

Becca said...

Sooooo fun!!! You are so creative!

La said...

Okay, I am feeling kinda guilty because I haven't done anything half as cute for Scarlet's group. :( But you have inspired me. I will step it up this month.

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

Mel you are awesome. I bet the kids had a blast. Very fun and creative. Love you!

Anna-Lisa said...

You are sooo creative! Seriously - where do you come up with your ideas!

natalie said...

So cute! I like rachie sleeping in her bed. I'm totally going to copy you. :)

Tom and Kari Lane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tom and Kari Lane said...

Very impressive. I will probably be a bad mom. Very fun!

AM said...

wow that looks fun! i wish our preschool group was that cool. do the kids get along well?

Heidi said...

Wow! I'm very impressed! I want to come to your preschool!

Herways Go West said...

Those kids are lucky to have you for a teacher! You should go professional. Of course talent like that doesn't have a price.

Kristen said...

Ok Mel, you are amazing! When life settles down for you a bit (haha when will that ever happen?) I'd love it if you'd drop me a line with some preschool ideas. My brain seems to be totally fried!

Colie said...

Dang gina. You are so talented! Be prepared for me to call you in 10 years with ideas for preschool, k?

Blog Archive

Contributors