Friday, April 23, 2010

France

I love how I've been to France a handful of times and there are still places like these that I've never heard of before. There's so much to explore and discover over here. I'll never get enough.

This place is called Etratat. Gorgeous!!! Rachel was little disappointed about the "rocky" beach and it was freezing, but other than that we loved it!

And here is a small port town called Honfleur. Amazing! Who knew?
Here's Tommy eating a crepe and unwilling to let go of his motorcycles. Such a funny little dude!
Our restful Sabbath at our "castle" hotel. Rachel was indeed in heaven.
Mont St. Michel. Don't know much about it other than that it's an amazing island. We raced there to watch the tide come in but supposedly "it wasn't that good." Still, a major highlight of the trip.
And Normandy, which I have heard of and have done before. I came on my first trip to Europe with my dad almost nine years ago. But I never saw these holes in the ground. Wow. It became so much more real!


It was a fantastic weekend getaway. We traveled quite a bit in the car. I felt a little bad for Tommy because there was no way for him to really know how long a car ride it would be every time we put him in his car seat...20 minutes...5 hours. They were both good troopers for the most part though. We also really enjoyed the beautiful countryside scenery and amazing little French towns of stone. Tommy loved seeing all the tractors, cows, chickens, sheep, horses, etc.

7 comments:

La said...

I LOVE the picture of Tommy and Jake hugging. Cute little dude with his Daddy. I am glad you guys are having a lovely trip.

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

Wow I need to go to Europe. I'm glad you are having fun. Looks like a great vacation. Love the pictures!

Herways Go West said...

It was a great time together. I think my fav picture (although they are all great) is of the huge statue, and Tom zooming his car around at the base of the statue....so small you almost miss him.

Maria said...

Man, that all looks so awesome. What other 2 and 4 year olds have traveled the world like your kids? I am glad it all went so well for you!

Becca said...

sooo fun! You're making me 'travel hungry'. hmmm... is that a term? :)

Colie said...

I share your love of France! I got a kick out of the Rachie and Tommy relaxing on those lawn chairs. I'm glad you guys could go!

Anna-Lisa said...

You know - I think that you should learn French and then you and Jake should only speak french to your kids. Then they would know two languages!

Blog Archive

Contributors